Camping should be fun, right?
If you are an experienced RV modern-day traveler, you ought to enjoy your trip without unevenness. Living in an RV that is parked tilted or walking on a floor that is out of level is the most awkward feeling. Besides having a more relaxed living space gives you peace of mind. Essential systems in your RV operate better when it is leveled. A lop-sided RV is not only very annoying but can also cause safety risks and even make your fridge or other equipment inside your RV to stop running.
||Andersen Hitches Camper Leveller Kit (2 Pack)||9.6|
||Beech Lane Camper Leveler (2 Pack)||9.7|
||Homeon Wheels Camper Leveller (2 Pack)||9.3|
||Tri-Lynx Levellers (10 Pack)||9.2|
||EZ RV Leveller Curved RV/Camper/Trailer Leveling Blocks||9.8|
||Camco 44510 Levelling Blocks (10 Pack)||9.2|
||Yosager Heavy Duty Levelling Blocks (10 Pack)||9.2|
||Camco RV Stabilizing Jack Pads (4 Pack)||9.0|
||Camco 44414 Wheel Chock Without Rope||9.0|
||MaxxHaul Solid Rubber Heavy Duty Black Wheel Chock||9.1|
The best way to avoid all these annoyances is by getting one of the best RV levelers. Deciding on the ideal type of leveling system for your RV is a tough decision. There are many options for levelers to choose from such as blocks, jacks, ramps, pads, wheel chocks, stacker blocks, hydraulic systems, stabilizer pads, and many more. But before you get to buying, what other reasons do you need the leveling system for?
- Why should an RV be levelled?
- Buying guide
- Review of Best RV Levelling Systems 2023
- Andersen Hitches | RV Accessories | 2-Pack Camper Leveler System Must Have RV | Camping Travel Easy Storage Jack Stabilizer Block | Levelers Blocks for Campers and Fifth Wheels | 3604 (Automotive)
- Beech Lane Camper Leveler 2 Pack – Precise Camper Leveling, Includes Two Curved Levelers, Two Chocks, and Two Rubber Grip Mats, Heavy Duty Leveler Works for Campers Up to 35,000 LBs, Patented
- Homeon Wheels 2 Pack Camper Leveler Two Curved Levelers Two Blocks Two Non-Slip Mats One T Level for Trailers Campers, 35,000 lb Heavy Duty Leveler Tire Chocks for RV Camper Trailer Truck Motorhome
- Tri-Lynx 00015 Lynx Levelers – 10 Pack , Orange (Automotive)
- EZ RV Leveler – Curved Leveling Ramp with Chocks and Rubber Mat – RV Trailer Camper Leveling Blocks – 2 Pack for Tandem Axle Campers
- Camco Camper/RV Leveling Blocks | Features Interlocking Nested Design & Storage Bag for RV Storage and Organization | Each Leveling Block Measures 8.5″ x 8.5″ x 1″ | 10-Pack, Design May Vary (44510) (Automotive)
- yosager 10 Pack Heavy Duty Leveling Blocks, Ideal for Leveling Single and Dual Wheels, Camper Levelers, Tongue Jacks, Hydraulic Jacks, Stabilizer Jacks, Red (Automotive)
- Camco Camper/RV Stabilizing Jack Pads | Features Interlocking Design & Includes Handy Strap for RV Storage and Organization | Molded of Strong UV Stabilized Polypropylene | 4-Pack (44595) (Automotive)
- Camco Camper/RV Wheel Chock | Keeps Trailer In-Place to Safely Unhitch or Park | Compatible with Wheels Up to 26” in Diameter & Molded of Heavy-Duty Hard Plastic | 2-Pack (44414) (Automotive)
- MAXXHAUL 70472 Solid Rubber Heavy Duty Black Wheel Chock 2-Pack, 8″ x 4″ x 6″ (Automotive)
Why should an RV be levelled?
First, it is not fun being inside an RV that is sloppy. Doors will not stay put when open, and you may have some material rolling off your counters, cupboards, or even your refrigerator. Also, most RVs are installed with an absorption fridge that runs on LPG. For the refrigeration process to work properly, the RV should be closely leveled, not more than a slope of five degrees. Water from the bathroom shower, kitchen sink, and hand basin drain well when the RV is parked on a flat surface.
Moreover, a bigger risk is that you might fall off your bed. An unlevelled RV will make your headrest lower than your legs or at an angle which makes it very uncomfortable and unstable. A leveled RV also guards against stumbling around when you are in it. You might accidentally hit on something rolling off the floor when walking in the RV. When your RV is not leveled, it can make your tires deteriorate quickly, not forgetting the strain on your windows and door frames. Finally, it is important to know that when your RV is not leveled, it will cause great damages which result in a greater cost of repair or replacement. A refrigerator is not an inexpensive item to replace. Simply level your RV to be on the safe side.
Choosing the perfect RV leveling system comes down to many factors. This section will guide you on what to look for before starting your quest.
Go for a level that provides correct data. Some products in the market will not offer the results you’re looking for from an RV level. Electronic levels have more edge for fault than bubble levels. They have more parts that could break down. Therefore, be keen on the accuracy of each product. Check the buyers’ reviews section also to assist with this issue before making your mind up on a particular level.
Type of RV
The type of your RV will also influence this decision. For example, if you own a towable RV, you won’t find a product like the Camco EZ Level convenient because when you are driving your RV during the leveling process, you won’t be able to see it. A more practical level for such an RV should be bubble or electronic level because it works through a smartphone app. Therefore, the type of your RV should be a key factor to consider before the purchase of a level for it.
You’ll need a level that will last longer and not need a replacement sooner than expected. In case you go for a bubble level; make sure the glass is UV protected. This feature protects against extreme sun exposure. On the other hand, electronic models should be made from high-quality materials to avoid breakdowns.
There’s nothing more annoying than spending your money on a product that is not long-lasting. Therefore, check out the buyers’ guide for more information on the durability of the level you want to buy.
Ease of use
Every RV level should be easy to use. Instead of causing you frustrations, it should not involve less thought or effort to use. How hard can a bubble or electric level be to use? Always read the install or use instructions before buying an RV level. This information should be available on the manufacturer’s website or the ad page of the product. Some products have confusing instructions, so going through these details beforehand will save you a great deal after making payment of the chosen level.
The costs of these levels vary, therefore; build a budget around your requirements when looking for an RV level. Your budget should also be realistic for every aspect that you consider essential. The more advanced the features you are looking for, the more expensive the product will be. A well-tailored budget will make the choices at hand more manageable and easier to choose. Take your time and assess the specific features you want for your RV level to come up with a reasonable budget.
What type of RV levellers should you use? Read on to know not only the types but a detailed review for each of them. This guide will help you decide with ease the suitable type of leveling system for your RV.
Review of Best RV Levelling Systems 2023
1. Andersen Hitches Camper Leveller Kit (2 Pack)
With the Andersen Hitches Camper Leveller Kit, you are done leveling your RV in less than 5 minutes and up for some roasting. This leveling system is so easy to use and quite innovative. Simply drive on it until on the level then chock! There is no need to get out of the driver’s seat or have someone drag block and planks around to achieve a level because this camper leveler kit has an on-the-fly camper leveling system that has an increment of between 0.5-4 inches from the driver’s seat.
This Andersen Hitches Camper Leveller Kit is made especially for your RV if it weighs 30,000 LBS with tires up to 32 inches diameter. However, if you have twin tires or reduced spaces to fit the camper leveler between, at times they will need to be trimmed. This process should only take 10 minutes tops, it’s that simple and easy. If by chance, these camper levelers don’t work for you after buying them, you can just take them back and you will get a full refund without a hassle. With the Andersen Camper Leveller, you don’t have to level both sides of the trailer but only place them on the low side this is because you only need one leveler per axle on one side of the RV.
Dimensions: 15.6 x 12.4 x 4.9 inches
- Easy to use
- Solid construction
- Fast in new camping sites
- Great after-sales service
- Reduces a lot of changing heights when using RV leveling blocks
- Doesn’t take up much space
- Weight and tire size restrictions
2. Beech Lane Camper Leveler (2 Pack)
With two chocks, two levelers, and two grip mats, the Beech Lane Camper Leveller gives you an accurate leveling experience without the trouble of piling plastic blocks or wood underneath your tires and estimating each time. An increment of 0.5 – 4 inches makes work easier for you. Each leveler is approximately 6 inches wide by 15 inches long. The durability of this camper leveler is worth mentioning, it is built with a very high-performance nylon polymer used normally in mechanical load-bearing uses. The Beech Lane leveler does not break in half in less than 6000 lbs.
Thanks to the useful customer criticism, Beech Lane has made rubber grip mats that help to avoid leveler from sliding when supporting the camper tire onto the leveler. The levelers now have rubber grip mats instead of grip tape. Up to 4 inches can be cut from the leveler without any contrary effects to fit the dual axle RVs. The amount of space required between tires to fit without cutting is subject to tire size. Normally it is about 2.5 – 3 inches of space, but this differs with tire size.
Beech Lane Camper Leveller has a lifetime warranty on the levelers and chocks. You will still get full protection under warranty even if you cut the leveler to fit your tires. In case of any issue experienced, you can always get a full replacement or refund.
Dimensions: 15.2 x 12.6 x 5 inches
- Easy to use
- Lifetime warranty
- No weight or tire restrictions
- High durability ability
- Comes with advanced grip mats
- Made of rubber which is easy to cut for tandem axles
3. Homeon Wheels Camper Leveller (2 Pack)
Homeon Wheels Camper Leveller comes with a large carry bag that has two curved levellers, two blocks, two non-slip mats, and one T-level. This leveler works well with both the single and multi-axle trailers and RV’s. Level your RV quick and easy with an increment from 0.5 – 4 inches in few minutes. The non-slip mats prevent the leveler sliding when supporting the camper tire onto the leveler.
No need to level both sides of the RV instead put them on the low side. For dual axle, RVs one leveler may need to be cut to length to fit, up to 4 inches can be cut from the leveler and have no effects. Cut distance is between the 1st and 2nd hole. The amount of space needed to be cut will depend on the tire size. In most instances, it is about 2.5 – 3 inches of space, but again this differs with tire size. The Homeon Wheels Camper Leveller offers a lifetime warranty. Full refund or replacement in case of any issues experienced.
Dimensions: 16.85 x 10.2 x 7.24 inches
- Easy to use
- Has a large carry bag
- No weight issues
- Great after-sales service
- Not suitable for dual axle because of the design
4. Tri-Lynx Levellers (10 Pack)
The Tri-Lynx Levellers are big RV leveling blocks. They are designed not only to fit any leveling role, but they also endure the incredible weight. Just arrange them into a pyramid shape to the preferred height that the RV should be raised and drive onto the pile. The Lynx levelers can also double up as a support base for other alleviating equipment.
Dimensions: 8.5 x 8.5 x 10.5 inches
- Fairly easy to set up
- Can be used with other stabilizing equipment
- Durable bag for storage
- You have to speculate how many blocks to use otherwise you must change out if you get it wrong the first time.
5. EZ RV Leveller Curved RV/Camper/Trailer Leveling Blocks
Level your RV by just driving up on the EZ RV Leveller. The more you pull up on it, the higher the level you attain – up to nearly 4 inches high. The rubber mats inclusive ensures that the leveler does not slide and holds the chock in place to prevent the RV from slipping. While other levelers need trimming to fit, the EZ RV Leveller works perfectly without any form of modification. Only use the EZ RV Levellers on the near to the ground side of the trailer.
Dimensions: 12.6 x 8.3 x 6.7 inches
- Fast and easy way to level
- No back and forth lining up to achieve a desirable level
- Non-slip rubber mats to prevent sliding of the RV
- No need to trim, universal fit
- Breaks easily on rocky or gravel ground, risk of a puncture
6. Camco 44510 Levelling Blocks (10 Pack)
The Camco Heavy Duty leveling blocks are of an interlocking design, stacked up to achieve desirable height to level your RV. They are made of resin, a material that is strong enough to withstand the great weight and is UV stabilized to endure extreme sun exposure hence lasts long. The solid bottom is strong and durable to prevent them from sinking into the ground. This Camco Heavy Duty leveling block can also be used for other equipment stabilization needs. The leveling blocks come with a presentable zipper bag for easy storage and transportation.
Dimensions: 1 x 8.5 x 8.5 inches
- Fairly easy to use, locks in place
- Light and portable
- Multiple alignments
- UV resistant
- Can be used for several jacks and stabilizer types
- Zippered carry bag
- Interlocking for stability
- Camco doesn’t specify a weight limit
- Various estimation of how many blocks to use. You must change out if you get it wrong the first time
7. Yosager Heavy Duty Levelling Blocks (10 Pack)
The Yosager Heavy Duty Levelling Blocks are interlocking blocks stack up to achieve a favorable height level. These camper leveler blocks are made of a material that lasts years with even with rugged. They also have a solid bottom that prevents them from sinking into the ground.
To use them, just set them up in a pyramid shape and drive onto the stack. The Yosager Heavy Duty Levelling Blocks come with a zipper storage bag that has a handle. This makes them pretty portable. Also, since they will be properly stored, they will last long. Modular designed levelers like the Yosager Heavy Duty Levelling Blocks withstands a great weight and can be used as a support base for other stabilizing gear. These leveling blocks can be used with single, double or tandem wheels, 5th wheel, hydraulic, and stabilizer jacks.
Dimensions: 8.27 x 8.27 x 1 inches
- Easy to use
- Can be piled up
- Strong & durable
- Light and portable
- Noticeable color (red)
- Storage zipper bag with handle
- Widely used by several jacks and stabilizer types
- Maximum RV weight unclear
8. Camco RV Stabilizing Jack Pads (4 Pack)
The Camco RV Stabilizing Jack Pads have a built-in handle for ease of use. These leveling jack pads enable interlocking design and have convenient storage strap for easy storage. They utilize a large surface area for stability and help prevent the jack from slipping into the ground. They are built to last from a UV resistant resin material. A combination of tough construction and special ridged design, adds strength to the product.
Dimensions: 2.75 x 6.5 x 9 inches
- Strong and stable
- Extra strong
- UV resistant
- Handy design
- Easy to store with a handle strap
- Cannot be used with hydraulic jacks
9. Camco 44414 Wheel Chock Without Rope
A budget-friendly choice, these Camco 44414 Wheel Chocks for short term tasks such as loading and offloading. Not only will it help keep your RV in place but it also has a nice noticeable color. It’s made of a hard plastic that is UV resistant hence lasts long. Since the Camco 44414 Wheel Chocks come in a pack of two, you can use both chocks for tires with a diameter of 26 inches. This product is very popular because of its lightweight features hence easily portable. They are also very affordable.
With these chocks, you can re-hitch confidently.
Dimensions: 8.4 x 6 x 5.1 inches
- Easy to see because of the bright color
- Durable and UV resistant
- Easy to use and efficient
- Not appropriate for heavyweight use
10. Maxxhaul Solid Rubber Heavy Duty Black Wheel Chock
The MaxxHaul 70472 pair are made of heavy-duty rubber. They are furrowed hence providing excellent grip at an affordable price. The 6-inch-high wheel chocks have dense carrying handles that are easily picked up and also act as storage hooks. They are also light and portable. The MaxxHaul 70472 pair are more durable than plastic counterparts. Since they have a smaller width of 4”, the vehicles that use them are limited.
Dimensions: 8 x 4 x 6 inches
- Cost-effective option
- Carrying handle
- Strong rubber smell
- The 4” width limits the usage
Even if your RV is furnished with an automatic leveling system, you need to have an extra leveler for safety measures. Besides, it is a requirement for all RV campers to have leveling solutions that work efficiently and durable. The good news is that none of the levelers above would be really bad for you by getting you into a dreadful state. They are also fairly affordable. The value for the best RV leveling blocks is the money you spend on them.