Are you planning to go camping? Or is it a family vacation using your newly purchased RV? Do not let the fear of theft or losing your RV door keys spoil the joy and fun of the moment. Why not consider installing a keyless entry for RV? It will keep unwanted guests away from your RV. And on top of that, the peace of mind they offer is valueless.
||RV Lock V4 Keyless Entry Handle||9.4|
||AP Products RV Deadbolt Door Lock||9.5|
||MICTUNING RV Keyless Entry Door Lock||9.3|
||AP Products Bauer Motor Door Lock||9.7|
||SAFETYON RV Keyless Car Entry System||9.2|
- Why should you install a keyless entry system?
- What should you look for in a keyless entry system?
- Top 5 RV Keyless Entry Systems 2022
- RVLock V4 Key Fob and Keyless Entry Keypad, RV/Motor Home Door Lock Accessories, Upgraded Full Metal Lock
- AP Products 013-509 Electric Travel Trailer Lock (Automotive)
- MICTUNING RV Keyless Entry Door Lock Handle Latch, 20Meter Wireless Remote Control for Trailer Caravan Camper Lock with Keypad & Fob
- AP Products 013-531 Electric Motor Home Lock (Automotive)
- SAFETYON RV Keyless Entry System Car Alarms Remote Control Central Kit Door Lock Latch Handle Knob Deadbolt Camper Trailer (Upgrade) (Electronics)
Why should you install a keyless entry system?
The convenience of installing an RV keyless entry lock is unmeasured. You no longer have to keep carrying your keys around. Also, there is no need for hiding your keys under the doormat. Here is a list of other advantages of installing a keyless entry system for your recreational vehicle.
- You can get to the RV at any time.
- No need to worry that you will lose the keys.
- No more worrying about being locked out by the kids.
- They are easy to use.
- Some of the entry systems, such as smart locks, allow you remote access and control of your RV’s lock.
What should you look for in a keyless entry system?
Before you purchase any RV keyless entry lock it is important that you check on its functionality. Does it align with your preferences? For instance, a family on vacation with their children may prefer RV keyless entry keypad. This is because they are easy for the kids to use.
On the other hand, a person who camps alone may prefer an entry system that uses their fingerprint. It guarantees them that they are the only persons who will have access to the RV. Others who may want to remotely control their entry systems may prefer the smart locks.
It is also crucial for you to understand the pros and cons of each lock. Using a keypad would mean several people have easy access to your RV. Other locks such as one that requires the use of a smartphone for remote control has their flipside too. If you lose or forget to carry your phone, then it would mean you will have no entry means to your RV. And, although the use of fingerprint may seem like the most secure, it would not be ideal for a family RV.
Do you want a system that has a backup key or one which is completely keyless? The answer to this question will play a major part in determining the best RV keyless entry systems for you.
For extra convenience, companies have now incorporated systems with extra functionalities. Here are some of the most common additional features on most RV entry door locks.
Wireless key fob. This is a fob—like the one in cars—that allows you to remotely lock or unlock your RV by the press of a button.
Keypad. All keyless entry systems usually have this feature. Here, you are required to program a code which when entered allows you to either lock or unlock the deadbolt. The code will only control the deadbolt, thus, you will still need a key to lock or unlock the handle.
Keyed-alike mechanical latches. Some manufacturers will allow you to purchase latches for your other doors or compartments that use the same key.
Just like any other investment, keyless entry systems for your RV are an investment that you should not take lightly. A good thing would be to research well on the options available so that you can settle for the best. Read on. Here is an RV keyless entry reviews section on the best RV keyless entry systems in the market today.
Top 5 RV Keyless Entry Systems 2022
1. RV Lock V4 Keyless Entry Handle
The RV Lock V4 keyless entry system is a very popular RV keyless lock. It comes with a V4 keyless handle with integrated keypad, remote fob, mechanical keys, and simple installation hardware. This means that you will have three options to use to access your RV: a 4 button remote fob, a key, or you can opt to use the 8 digit keypad.
Measuring 8.8 x 5.9 x 3.9 inches, and with a weight of just 3.49 pounds, this RV keyless entry handle fits well in the majority of RVs. Included with the handle are 4 AA batteries which you will need to replace as soon as they run out. Additionally, the handle’s exterior is layered with durable coat making it withstand even harsh weather.
- Stylish design
- Easy to install – requires no cutting
- Has a backup key, a programmable keypad, and a remote fob
- Batteries are included
- The lock still functions well even when the batteries’ voltage is low
- Beep sound when you lock or unlock unit is too loud
- There is no “0” or “9” on the keypad
- The interior handle is made of plastic
2. AP Products RV Deadbolt Door Lock
Many users refer to this as one of the best RV doors locks there are in the market today due to its convenience. This is because the lock allows you to use a digital touch keypad which lights up making the access and use of the lock at night very easy. It is powered by 4 AA batteries.
Just like most keyless locks, this one too includes a backup key which would come in handy if the batteries die. The lock measures 8.5 x 5.4 x 4.5 inches and weighs only 3 pounds. However, note that the batteries are not included in your package and you will need to purchase them separately.
- Easy to install and operate
- Sturdy design
- Comes with back up keys
- Keypad lights for easy use at night
- You need to reset your pin each time you change your batteries
- The keypad does not have numbers “0” and “9”
3. MICTUNING RV Keyless Entry Door Lock
If you are looking for the convenience of having an RV keyless entry pad, then this would be another great choice. Like most other locks, the Mictuning RV keyless entry door lock handle latch has a keypad which usually lights up to enable easy use even at night. Additionally, it comes with a remote control that works within a distance of up to 20 meters.
Other features include 2 backup keys and 4 AA batteries. This lock has been designed to fit most RVs, 5th Wheel, Bumper Pull, Traveler Trailer, Caravan, and Campers. Its weight is 3.3 pounds and measures 8.3 x 5.3 x 3.6 inches.
- Made from fire resistant and waterproof material.
- Easy installation
- Easy to use
- 4 AA batteries included
- Has 2 backup keys
- The inner latch handle is made of plastic and feels a bit flimsy.
4. AP Products Bauer Motor Door Lock
This is another one from AP Products and is very similar to the AGC-10 013-509 RV Deadbolt Door Lock. However, this lock is heavier and weighs 6 pounds with a measurement of 9.0 x 6.0 x 3.0 inches. Its keypad has large touch buttons which makes it very easy to operate.
Additionally, it has proximity sensing that lights up the keypad buttons for easy use even at night. This one too needs 4 AA batteries, which are not included in the package. It also comes with a backup key which will come in handy in case the battery dies or you forget your password.
- Easy to install
- Includes back up key
- Large buttons for easy operation
- Has a low battery indicator
- Has touch buttons
- Batteries not included
5. SAFETYON RV Keyless Car Entry System
This is would be a perfect choice of a keyless entry system for any camper owner. Measuring 8.3 x 5.1 x 3.5 inches and a weight of 3.4 pounds, the SAFETYON RV keyless entry system is designed to fit in most standard camper door slots.
Another outstanding feature of this system is the remote control which can work within a radius of up to 30m. You will have a set of 2 backup keys and a keypad for entry using a pin which is powered by 4 AA batteries.
- Easy to install
- It has 2 back up keys
- Sturdy design
- The inside handle is made of plastic
- Batteries are not included
The convenience of installing a keyless entry system is unbeatable. On days when you go for grocery shopping, you do not have to put the shopping bags down to start looking for your key, instead, you will only need to press a button to access your RV. Additionally, in case of emergencies, you can send a friend to your house and tell them the entry pin.
But, it is important for you to always place your backup keys in a place where you can easily access. They will help you should the batteries die, there is a malfunction, or should you forget your password. Hopefully, this article has offered you a complete guide on selecting the perfect keyless entry handle for your RV.