Do you want an ideal companion to help you overcome your summer boredom? We would recommend a pool basketball hoop. It will help you improvise your pool into a temporary court so that you can enjoy your poolside basketball. In addition, you get to practice your shots at the comfort of your home.
|Lifetime Pool Side Basketball System
|Swimline Cool Jam Pro Poolside Basketball Hoop
|Dunnrite PoolSport pool basketball Hoop
|Dunnrite Splash and Shoot Swimming Pool Basketball Hoop
|Pool Shot poolside Basketball Hoop
|SwimWays Poolside Basketball Hoop
|Poolmaster Splashback Poolside Basketball Game
|Poolmaster USA Competition Poolside Basketball Game
You might think it is easy to choose the best basketball hoop for your pool since we have a variety in the market but the reality is that it is quite a hassle. However, we have got you covered as we will guide you on how to select what best suits your needs. Additionally, we will review some of the best pool basketball hoops we have in the market to help you make the best buying decision.
- Why you should have a pool basketball hoop?
- How do you choose the best pool basketball hoop?
- How easy is it to assemble and install?
- Types of Pool Basketball Hoops
- Important Accessories You Need for a Pool Basketball Hoop
- The 8 Best Picks of Pool Basketball Hoops in 2024
- Lifetime 1306 Pool Side Height Adjustable Portable Basketball System, 44 Inch Backboard (Sports)
- SWIMLINE Pool Basketball Hoop Poolside Game COOL JAM Heavy Duty With Metal Rim For Kids & Adults, Swimming Splash Hoops Games With Midsize Water Basketball, Toy For Pools, Outdoor Summer Hoops 9195M (Toy)
- Dunn-Rite PoolSport Swimming Pool Basketball Hoop w/Ball, Base, & 13.5 Inch Stainless Steel Rim for Adults & Kids (Toy)
- Dunn-Rite Splash & Shoot Outdoor Adjustable Height Swimming Pool Basketball Hoop w/Ball, Base, & 18 Inch Stainless Steel Rim for Adults & Kids, White (Sports)
- Pool Shot Wing-It Poolside Basketball Hoop with Winged Backboard (Toy)
- SwimWays Poolside Basketball Game (Toy)
- Poolmaster 72820 Splashback Poolside Basketball Game , Blue 34W x 38D x 45H in. (Toy)
- Poolmaster 72830 USA Competition Poolside Basketball Game, Blue 34 Wide x 45 High x 38 Deep; (Toy)
Why you should have a pool basketball hoop?
- Playing water basketball provides numerous health advantages as well as helping you keep fit more than an ordinary swim or a basketball game
- Playing basketball in water improves your eye and hand coordination
- It provides more fun for you and your family at the poolside
- You will have an extreme workout that will help melt calories and fats
- They are lightweight and easily portable
How do you choose the best pool basketball hoop?
If you would like to buy a pool basketball set that will ensure maximum fun without compromising durability, there are a number of factors you should be keen about. They include:
Durability and resistance to weather
A poolside hoop should have a general resistance to wear and tear. This will boost its durability. The best hoops are made of tough material, such as polythene and this means they are strong and are not susceptible to sunshine or rain. The backboard should also be capable to withstand the continuous hits of the ball.
Portability and flexibility
Basketball hoops for a pool should be flexible for a general user. In addition, they should be lightweight to make it is easy for you to carry them to and from your pool. However, those with their own pools can opt for fixed poolside hoops where they can attach them permanently at the poolside. For those who use community pools, they can purchase inflatable hoops as they are easily collapsible for transporting.
The best pool basketball hoops can be expensive depending on their brand and quality. If you want quality then you have to compromise on price. For families that travel more often, they can go for floating inflatable basketball hoops which are a cheaper alternative for swimming at the beach and other swimming points.
How easy is it to assemble and install?
In most cases, you should be able to assemble and install your basketball hoop by yourself so that you don’t have to hire installation services. You also have to consider if you have pool sleeves. If not, you will have to opt for a deck mount basket hoop for your pool.
You need to consider whether you are buying the hoop for yourself alone or for the entire family including the kids. If it is for the kids, you have to buy a hoop that is lower so that they are able to score without straining. In addition, adults and older kids will require a more stable hoop as they will often do heavy ball throwing.
The stability and sturdiness of the set up are among the factors that determine user safety. For instance, can the hoop withstand the entire ball hitting in a highly competitive game or will it tip over and harm the players? The hoop should be able to handle all the hanging from the ring.
The size of the backboard and rims
A small backboard will be perfect for kids while not suitable for adults. Adults will find the best performance in large backboards that measure around 72 inches. The size of the rim also has an impact on performance. For instance, teenagers tend to swing on the prims while in celebration mood. A small rim cannot handle such weight.
You have to consider the height of the goal. For instance, a goal that is less than 7.5 feet high does not pass the ASTM safety rules. You, therefore, have to consider an adjustable goal height to prevent a player from a run-in with the goal. This would, in turn, prevent unnecessary head injuries.
Construction material determines the durability of your basketball hoop. From the backboard to the poles and hardware, you have to be careful with the material used. The material should be capable of withstanding harsh outdoor weather elements.
Types of Pool Basketball Hoops
Poolside or Fixed Hoops
These are made to convert your poolside into a court. They come complete with stands, nets, and backboards. They make good hoops where you can have a chosen pitch to score goals instead of using an inflatable hoop under water. They are generally 2 to 4 feet tall and are not very portable as compared to the floating hoops.
These are not fixed to the side of the pool. They are meant to be left floating in the swimming pool so that a player can hit them from any side. They are generally small and inflatable. They also come with a table-like platform underneath them to trap the ball after you score in the net. Many of these basketball hoops are meant to appeal. Thus, they often come with their own inflatable balls to match the whole pool basketball set.
These are ideal for swimmers of all ages as you can easily adjust the height. They can be adjusted at a height ranging from 24 to 44 inches tall. They are perfect because they allow you to add or reduce the hard levels of play. Young kids and beginners can also opt for these kinds of hoops as they make it easier to shoot baskets.
Important Accessories You Need for a Pool Basketball Hoop
You will not need so many accessories since most of these hoops come with their additional features. An important accessory you may need is a storage container to store your pool hoop. You could also use this container to store other pool toys. This helps you organize everything around your pool.
In addition, you can also get accessories that will enable you to have more fun by playing other games with the basketball hoop. For instance, you may want to buy a wider net or markers that you can use to make a court in your swimming pool.
The 8 Best Picks of Pool Basketball Hoops in 2024
1. Lifetime Pool Side Basketball System
If you want to spend your leisure time at the pool having fun playing basketball, then you need the best swimming pool basketball goal you have never had. This basketball system comes with a weather resistant backboard of 44 inches and a high-compact polyethylene frame. Its base of 27 gallons makes it stable and portable. Additionally, it has all-weather nylon net and a 5/8 inches steel ring reinforced by braces of 0.5 inches.
- Adjustable height of between 4.1 and 7 feet
- Ease of assembly
- Multipurpose (for both kids and grown-ups)
- Five-year warranty
- Prone to rust
2. Swimline Cool Jam Pro Poolside Basketball Hoop
The design of the Swimline Cool Jam Pro Poolside Basketball Super-Wide combines the base and the pole in one element. This is one of the best hoops for swimming pool basketball as it has been made to withstand even the severe weather conditions.
What makes it even better is that it boasts an adjustable height with a wide hard body backboard (44 inches wide and 32 inches high). In addition, it includes a metal hoop, a regulation size game ball, and a strong net.
- Strong, stable and durable
- Easy to assemble
- It has a perfect size for an in-ground pool
- Low-quality backboard decal
- Flimsy rim
3. Dunnrite PoolSport Pool Basketball Hoop
Dunnrite PoolSport makes the best basketball game for the pool thanks to its wide base. This makes it highly stable which in turn guarantees full-time enjoyment. Also, its rim is strong and durable as it is coated with stainless steel. This hoop boasts a weather-resistant backboard and it comes complete with a rim, a ball, net, and hardware.
- It comes with a ball
- Easy to assemble
- Stable base
- The tank takes a short time to be filled with water
- Sturdy and durable construction
- Prone to rust
- The net is droopy
- A non-adjustable height
4. Dunnrite Splash and Shoot Swimming Pool Basketball Hoop
This swimming pool basketball hoop has a 43 x 28.5 inches backboard made of polyurethane. It is more stable and portable thanks to the base of 25 gallons. It includes a weather-resistant net and a stainless steel rim which is coated with vinyl to enhance durability. The best feature is its telescoping pole which is adjustable up to 56 inches above the deck in unlimited increments. This deck mounts basketball hoop for a pool is definitely worth considering as one of your possible choices.
- Quality construction
- Sturdy and durable
- A stable base
- Does not come with hardware
- The rim is vulnerable to rust
5. Pool Shot poolside Basketball Hoop
Designed to withstand all weather conditions, this basketball hoop will make a perfect pool basketball goal. It measures 22 x 38 x 50 inches when assembled. It has a winged backboard and a friendly design that enhances the player experience.
For stability, it includes two support poles that are aluminum-coated and are reinforced with a nylon lock nut and a bolt. It also comes complete and with bonus features such as a waterproof basketball, 2 drink holders, hardware, and a ball holder.
- Highly stable
- Quite difficult to assemble
6. SwimWays Poolside Basketball Hoop
This hoop’s backboard is 22.5 inches wide making it an ideal water basketball goal option for fun playing by the poolside. It is 24 inches high with a solid base. To make it more stable, you can easily fill the base with sand or water. It comes with a pro-style basketball and a built-in precast basketball net. This hoop is suitable for age 6 and above.
We suggest putting this basketball game for the pool on your list of possible choices as well
- Easy and quick to assemble
- Easy to clean
- Solid base
- Highly rust-resistant
- It is quite smaller
- The net is not that durable and it is droopy
7. Poolmaster Splashback Poolside Basketball Game
The Poolmaster Splashback Poolside Basketball Game is specifically designed for basketball for a pool. It has a hard weather-resistant backboard which is 34 inches wide and 25.5 inches high. Its base is polyform-made and it can be added with water or sand to increase stability. It comes with a PVC hoop of 14 inches, a basketball, a weather-resistant net, and an inflation needle. This hoop is ideal for age 8 and above.
- Good quality construction
- Lightweight and saves on space
- Study and stable base
- The rim is prone to cracks and breakage
- Difficult to install the net
8. Poolmaster USA Competition Poolside Basketball Game
This is a 16 inches rugged aluminum basketball hoop made with a polyethylene net. It comes with a rubber basketball and an inflating needle. The hoop boasts of a strong base which can be balanced with sand or water. Its hard backboard is weather resistant and wide enough to guarantee maximum fun.
- Made of durable plastic material
- Solid construction
- Easy to assemble and install
- Perfect for vigorous heavy use
- The rim bends and breaks easily
We have quite a variety of pool basketball hoops which come with a variety of features that are meant to be used differently. For instance, we have more portable hoops which are meant to be used at public swimming pools. On the other hand, we have stationary ones that are meant for stationary playing at your home pool.
What you will pick as the best pool basketball hoop depends entirely on your needs. When you use this guide when buying one, you can be assured of a pool basketball hoop that meets your need.