With the right awning on your RV, RVing becomes more pleasant. You can enjoy sitting outside just gazing at nature as you soak in the peace that nature provides without worrying about sunburns and other harmful effects of sun rays. As with all good things, you will need to first of all buy the best RV awning sun shades then get all the right parts of the awning installed properly so they can function correctly. Some RVs have the connections already in place, making it easier for you. But you can always have the option of seeking a professional to install the awning for you.
||Tentproinc RV Awning Front Sun Shade Screen||9.0|
||Tentproinc RV Awning Side Sun Shade Screen||9.4|
||Carefree Black 6′ x 10′ Sunblocker||9.5|
||Carefree Black 15′ x 9′ Drop RV Awning EZ ZipBlocker||9.9|
||CAMWINGS RV Awning Privacy Screen Shade||9.1|
||Shadeidea RV Sun Shade Screen for Awning||9.8|
||Shade Pro Vista Shade – RV Awning Sunscreen||9.4|
||EZ Awning Shade Kits RV Awning Shade Motorhome Patio Sun Screen||9.3|
Installation aside, let’s look at how to choose the best RV awning sunshade. Later in this post, we will also look at the top RV awning sun shades in the market currently.
- What to look for when buying an RV Sunshade?
- Benefits of RV awning sun shades
- Top RV Awning Sun Shades 2021
- Tentproinc RV Awning Sun Shade Screen 8′ X 15’3” – Brown Mesh Sunshade UV Blocker Complete Kits Motorhome Camping Trailer Canopy Shelter – 3 Years Limited Warranty (Automotive)
- Tentproinc RV Awning Side Sun Shade 9’X7′ (Brown) Mesh Screen Sunshade Complete Kits Motorhome Camping Trailer Canopy UV Blocker – 3 Years Lasting (Automotive)
- Carefree 82108802 Black 6′ x 10′ Sunblocker (Automotive)
- CAREFREE 701509ACD Black 15′ x 9′ Drop RV Awning EZ ZipBlocker (Automotive)
- CAMWINGS RV Awning Privacy Screen Shade Panel Kit Sunblock Shade Drop 8 x 18ft, Black
- Shadeidea RV Sun Shade Screen for Awning – 9′ X 19′ 5” Black Mesh Sunshade Motorhome Camping Trailer UV Sunblocker Canopy Sunscreen Offer 3 Years Warranty
- Shade Pro Vista Shade – RV Awning Sunscreen 85% Solar Mesh (17′ x 8′, Black)
- RV Awning Shade Motorhome Patio Sun Screen Complete Deluxe Kit (Black) (10’x14′)
What to look for when buying an RV Sunshade?
For you to buy a sunshade that will suit your needs, there are some factors that you need to put into consideration. These include:
Check your owner’s manual for the length of your awning. The longer your RV is the longer your awning. You don’t want to purchase an awning that is either too small or too large to fit your RV. It has to be just the right fitting for that perfect look as well as serve the purpose for which it was intended.
Pick the right material for your awning that corresponds to the time of year that you plan to be taking your road trips. For summer trips, consider breathable acrylic awning sun shades. These will provide you with the much-needed shade to help cool the interior of your camper. If you plan to go for a trip during the winter season, you need an awning made of tougher material such as vinyl.
The weight of your awning is an important consideration that you need to have in mind. Awning fabrics are available in a variety of weights, depending on the type of fabric used. Polyester is lightweight which tends to dry up quickly after rain, making it easy to handle. Acrylic is rigid and a bit lighter although more expensive.
Go for an awning that is easy to install. You don’t want to use a whole one hour or even more, just to install an awning sunshade on your RV. Some of the manufacturers provide comprehensive tutorials on how to use and set up the awning.
Different awning sunshade types accommodate different situations. Go for one that will correspond to your traveling needs. An electric awning may not be the best option for you if you are planning to camp in the wilderness for days or even weeks as you may run out of electric power. As such, you need to pick the awning sunshade that will be able to suit your needs and your destination.
There are a variety of colors and designs available in the market. Take the time to pick an awning that will complement the looks of your RV.
Benefits of RV awning sun shades
- It protects from outdoor elements. With an awning, you will be able to seek shelter from strong winds, rain, and the strong sun rays hitting down each time you go camping outdoors.
- It offers a comfortable outdoor moment. With one of the right RV awning sunshade screens, you can enjoy a relaxing hangout or even take a nap outside your RV without the need to worry about the harmful effects of direct sunlight hitting you. You get an opportunity to sit back and have a memorable camping experience together with your friends and family.
Top RV Awning Sun Shades 2021
1. Tentproinc RV Awning Front Sun Shade Screen
RV trips tend to be more adventurous during the summer. Unfortunately, the scorching sun can hinder you from enjoying the ultimate RVing experience. If you need a sun blocker shade that can also provide shelter from the rain, I’ll give you good reasons to consider investing in this RV awning from Tentproinc. One reason is that it is designed for easy installation. It comes with strong plastic stakes and bungee cords that make the setup process a breeze.
Another great feature is the breathable mesh screen. It can block about 86% of sunlight without obstructing your view. In short, it allows you to enjoy cooler temperatures while still enjoying your surroundings. This mesh also affords you better comfort and relaxation by cutting down the force of strong winds. Overall, this is a durable yet lightweight product that does what it is designed to do—provide shade. Unfortunately, it is not ideal for you if you also want to enhance your privacy. The mesh is a see-through material also meant to allow you to enjoy your surroundings.
- Lightweight yet durable
- Easy to install
- Provides reliable protection from sun, drizzles, and wind
- Available in a range of colors
- The color on the awning shades could fade over time
- Side shades are sold separately
2. Tentproinc RV Awning Side Sun Shade Screen
When you are out camping with your loved ones, the last thing you want is for the sun to get in your way of having a good time. Even with an awning, you are still not assured of adequate sun protection because of the exposed front and side sections. The Tentproinc RV Awning Sun Shade Screen 8′ X 15’3″ offers both sun and rain protection from your awning’s front side. If you want all-rounded protection, you should also invest in this RV awning side sunshade from Tentproinc. By covering the sides too, you can add an extra layer of protection from weather elements and bugs.
This product is super easy to install and uninstall. It comes with plastic stakes, steel drilling screws, bungees, and zinc alloy hooks that help make the setup process easy and fast. During our testing, it took less than 10 minutes for one person to install the shade.
- Lightweight and durable
- Designed for easy installation and dismounting
- Installation accessories included
- Provides excellent protection from sun, wind and light rain
- See-through mesh for an open view experience
- Not an excellent choice if you need a total privacy
3. Carefree Black 6′ x 10′ Sunblocker
Next is this sun blocker from Carefree that is sure to protect you from heat, excessive light, and glare. With this product, you can enjoy the early morning view or just bask outside late in the afternoon carefree about the discomfort caused by weather elements. Carefree’s shade is an open-weave fabric made from 100 % woven polyester with a sturdy vinyl coating. This makes it weather-resistant and light enough to allow you to enjoy your view. The shade’s construction keeps your area comfortable and cool by providing protection from 85% of light.
If you have an RV awning with manual roller tubes, installing this product will be easy-peasy. It slips into the open slots fast and smooth, and the package comes with stakes and bungees to further simplify the setup process.
- Blocks 85% of light to keep your RV cool and comfortable
- Excellent for use during hot summers
- Quality 100% woven polyester construction for enhanced longevity
- Easy and fast to install on manual awning roller tubes
- Not ideal for use on electric awnings
4. Carefree Black 15′ x 9′ Drop RV Awning EZ ZipBlocker
If you have an electric awning, here is an RV shade cloth we highly recommend. Like the other products we have listed, the Carefree 701509 is also designed to offer protection from weather elements and keep your space cool, comfortable, and relaxing.
One of the features that give this product an edge is the vinyl-coated polyester construction that makes it thicker for enhanced levels of privacy. In case the Tentproinc is a turn off because of its see-through mesh, then perhaps this is the ideal shade screen for you.
This product has two parts— an upper zippered insert panel, and a lower skirt. Once you have attached the upper part to your awning and staked the lower part to the ground, you can easily attach these two parts using the zipper running in the middle.
The installation process is a bit technical, although it makes using the shade easier. Then again, all the tools needed for the setup process are included in the package.
- Quality construction for enhanced longevity
- Vinyl-coated polyester for better privacy levels
- Blocks out the sun, wind and light rain
- Comes with all installation accessories
- Somewhat complex installation process
- Side shades sold separately
5. CAMWINGS RV Awning Privacy Screen Shade
CAMWINGS products are arguably the best RV awning sun shades in the market. While we can all agree they are an ill fit for people who prefer enjoying the cooling effects of an awning without losing visibility, these shades are perfect for anyone who wants protection from both weather elements and prying eyes.
The shade is made from thick polyethylene for outstanding UV protection and longevity. Unlike most products that block about 85% of light, this product offers a 90% shade rate. This assures you of enjoying a more relaxed and comfortable space.
This is an ideal setting to consider if you are searching for a top-quality shade that is both durable and affordable. It comes with everything needed for a smooth installation process, and you even get a convenient storage bag with the package.
- Made from heavy-duty polyethylene
- Strong, durable and lightweight
- Up to 90% protection from weather elements
- Straightforward installation
- Offers enhanced privacy
- Not ideal for people who prefer maintaining a clear view
6. Shadeidea RV Sun Shade Screen for Awning
Finding functional, durable, and reliable RV awning sunshade screens can be daunting. Here is another outstanding canopy extension to consider if you need a product that genuinely works to offer dependable levels of UV protection. The Shadeidea RV shade is made from polyester mesh fabric and is double needle sewn and vinyl coated for maximum longevity.
This sun blocker provides 86% protection from direct sunlight. This lowers the temperatures affording you a more comfortable camping area. Moreover, it has just the perfect dimensions to pair with awnings from most brands, including Solera, Carefree, and Lippert, just to mention a few.
When choosing a sunshade screen, it’s easy to get torn between choosing a product that offers enhanced privacy and one that provides an open view camping experience. Well, this product’s main selling point is that it offers both. It features a one-way open view; meaning you can see through the mesh, but people outside cannot see you.
- Premium construction for an extended lifespan
- About 86% of protection from heat and light
- Enhanced privacy without obstructing your view
- Straightforward installation
- Compatible with awnings from most brands
- None so far
7. Shade Pro Vista Shade – RV Awning Sunscreen
Made from top-quality material, this RV awning sunscreen from Shade Pro is just what you need for reliable protection from UV rays when you bask outside your RV. The solar mesh is designed to block up to 85% of sunlight and maintain a cool and ultra-comfortable atmosphere. This product comes in two pieces however it’s still super easy to install. Once you have attached the top section, zipping it up to join it with the lower section is a piece of cake. The whole installation process will not take you more than 15 minutes.
If you need a shade that can also enhance your privacy, this is not the ideal product to choose from. However, if you need a canopy that can keep your space cool even when parked facing the sun directly, then this is a canopy you will love. It’s one of the few screens in its class that are affordable and quite budget-friendly.
- Top-quality construction
- Durable, reliable yet inexpensive
- Perfect for 12 V electric RV awnings
- Easy to install with installation accessories included
- The plastic stakes are too soft to use on extremely dry soil
8. EZ Awning Shade Kits RV Awning Shade Motorhome Patio Sun Screen
Last but not least is this affordable yet best RV awning sunshade for RVs. It offers the same features and benefits as most models on our list, but it costs relatively less. With about 80% sun-blocking capabilities, this product is almost as ideal as our best overall. This canopy slopes down diagonally, giving you the illusion of having an additional room outside your RV. Thanks to its 100% woven polyester construction and the durable vinyl finish, it also provides decent protection from wind and drizzles. The ground pegs for different terrains help to keep the mesh in place, even during windy conditions.
There is one downside that we noted though. This product has no side mesh, meaning you don’t get all-rounded protection. Even though the pegs prevent the mesh from getting blown away, you need to escape into your RV’s interiors if the rain changes course because of heavy winds.
- Top-quality construction for enhanced durability
- Ground pins for various terrain included
- About 80% of protection from weather elements
- Good value for the money
- No protection on the sides
An awning sunshade on your RV provides you with a space that is cool to relax during the hot sun as well as shelter from the rain, giving you a chance to have an enjoyable camping experience. Awning sun shades are generally easy to install and use. Some can be controlled by a remote or even your cell phone.