This article aims to tackle camping toilet reviews to determine the top 7 options regarding the best portable camping toilets for you to choose from. However, before we start discussing the products themselves, let us have a look at how you can select the most suitable camping toilet in the buying guide section below.
||Camco Standard Portable Travel Toilet||9.6|
||Reliance Products Hassock Portable Lightweight Self-Contained Toilet||8.9|
||Stansport 271 Portable Folding Camp/Travel Toilet||9.0|
||Reliance Products Luggage Loo Portable 5 Gallon Toilet||9.4|
||Reliance Products Emergency Ready 9881-03 Portable Snap-On Toilet Seat with Lid||9.4|
||Reliance Products Fold-To-Go Portable Toilet||9.1|
||Palm Springs Outdoor 5 Gallon Portable Outdoor Camping Recreation Toilet||9.0|
||Cleanwaste Portable Toilet||9.4|
- Buying Guide
- 8 Best Portable Camping Toilets
- Camco Portable Travel Toilet-Designed for Camping, RV, Boating and Other Recreational Activities-5.3 Gallon (41541) (Automotive)
- Reliance Products Hassock Portable Lightweight Self-Contained Toilet (Colors May Vary) (Sports)
- Stansport 4B Portable Folding Camp or Travel Toilet (Sports)
- Reliance Products Luggable Loo Portable 5 Gallon Toilet (Sports)
- Reliance Products 9881-03 Luggable Loo Snap-on Toilet Seat with Lid for 5-Gallon Bucket (Sports)
- Reliance Products Fold-to-Go Collapsible Portable Toilet (Sports)
- Palm Springs Outdoor 5 Gal Portable Outdoor Camping Recreation Toilet (Sports)
- Cleanwaste Portable Toilet w/ 1 Waste Kit (D119PET) (Sports)
Having a camping toilet with you while you are exploring the wilderness is going to make your experience all the more convenient and ensure that you are answering the nature’s call in hygienic conditions.
There are different types of camping toilets and before buying one, you must be aware of the differences amongst them:
Chair type. This type of toilet is made like a chair with a hole in the sitting portion, in which a waste bag is attached to collect the dump. The waste bag can be sealed to prevent odor from spreading and thrown after usage. This type is quite easy to use, manage and store, making it a great choice for many people.
Flushability. The flushable toilet for camping has a complicated setup integrated to control the water tank and allow you to get yourself and the toilet clean using special toilet chemicals and quick breaking toilet paper. This is a great choice if you are using an RV vehicle on your camping trip.
Composting. If you are especially concerned about the environment, this type of toilet may be perfect for you. It works by storing and degrading the dump through dehydration, without letting out odor, allowing you to throw the waste on the soil without being worried about chemical leaching.
These are all the different types of toilets which you can use while camping. Your selection should depend on your need for convenient, storage and, of course, your budget. However, do remember that whichever toilet you are planning to use, you must make sure that you are dumping the waste in a proper area. Many camping sites have dedicated waste disposal sites and if your camping region has one, you must prioritize dumping the waste on that site.
8 Best Portable Camping Toilets
The following list below presents you the top picks of the best camping toilets available in today’s markets:
1. Camco Standard Portable Travel Toilet
This 5.3-gallon toilet is specifically designed for outdoor recreational activities, including camping and boating. Additionally, its purpose extends as an emergency option during long car trips. The Camco camping porta potty is made of sturdy polyethylene, making it compact and lightweight at 11.5 pounds (when empty). Despite its lightness, it can handle a weight capacity of up to 330 pounds.
On the top half flash tank, a toilet with a lid, seat, and bowl are present and can hold 2.5 gallons of water. On the side, a bellows-type pump works on waste removal. The sides secure the toilet to the waste tank through its latches. On the bottom half waste tank, a sliding gate valve creates an odor and water-tight seal for the waste.
The features and functionality that this camping toilet offer makes it one of the best portable potties today.
- Sturdy polyethylene construction
- Lightweight with a weight capacity of 330 pounds
- Flush tank water capacity of 2.5 gallons
- Waste tank water capacity of 5.3 gallons
- Integrated handles feature for added portability
- Easy emptying
- The bowl is too shallow for adults
- It might leak if the waste level gets to the waste discharge cap
2. Reliance Products Hassock Portable Lightweight Self-Contained Toilet
This self-contained toilet features a minimalistic design while still promoting functionality. The Hassock is very lightweight at 5 pounds, scoring big on portability and making it a portable toilet for camping. It also comes with a contoured seat for additional comfort. A toilet paper holder is included in this unit for more convenience. The toilet has a removable inner bucket for waste removal. In addition, Reliance’s Double Doodie bag is compatible with the unit.
- Specifically designed for outdoor use
- Very lightweight, with 5 pounds of weight
- Toilet paper holder and contoured seat for added comfort
- Great for camping and other outdoor activities
- The toilet has a loose fit
- It might be too small for adults
- It has a tendency to slip on certain types of flooring
3. Stansport 271 Portable Folding Camp/Travel Toilet
This Stansport toilet model is the porta potty for camping and other outdoor activities. With the white plastic molded seat, together with its steel legs, durability and stability are guaranteed. The toilet is foldable for ease of storage and portability. This unit comes with six plastic bags.
- Folds compact for easy storage and transport
- Six plastic bags are included
- Bags are secured by a removable plastic ring
- Unit consists of a white plastic molded seat and heavy-duty tubular steel legs
- The company covers a one year warranty against manufacturer defects.
- This may not be big enough for adults
- The toilet is a bit flimsy
- The plastic ring seems to be too light to keep the plastic bag in place
4. Reliance Products Luggage Loo Portable 5 Gallon Toilet
This portable camping toilet features lightness with it weighing 3 pounds. It can hold 20 liters or 5 gallons of water. This camp toilet uses a bucket style design with a snap-on lid. It’s specifically designed to be durable enough for outdoor and emergency usage.
- Fits on most industrial pails
- Weighs only 3 pounds
- Great porta potty for camping
- Simple bucket style design
- The lid could have a better hinge
- The portable camping toilet is kind of flimsy
- It’s somewhat small
5. Reliance Products Emergency Ready 9881-03 Portable Snap-On Toilet Seat with Lid
This camping porta potty has a snap-on toilet seat that can hold up to 5 gallons of water. This toilet is specifically designed to be used when in outdoors and in emergencies like when you’re on a long car ride, so to speak for its unit’s name. The snap-on feature secures the seat on the pail. It’s very lightweight as it only weighs 1.10 pounds, making it very accessible for easy storage and portability. The company provides a 5-year warranty against manufacturer’s defects.
- Snap-on toilet seat for seat security
- 5 gallons of water capacity
- Weighs only 1.10 pounds
- Lightness for additional portability
- 5-year warranty
- The pail is not included in the unit
- The quality is a bit off
- It seems to be flimsy
6. Reliance Products Fold-To-Go Portable Toilet
This model of Reliance’s portable toilet is a collapsible camping toilet that folds down to 5 inches. It provides ease of portability as it only weighs 4.5 pounds, plus it has an integrated handle to make carrying the toilet easier. Stability is also featured in this portable potty with its leg locking system, making it really sturdy and safe to use. Its rugged characteristics and high weight capacity qualify this toilet as one of the best portable camping toilets available in the market. The company provides a 5-year warranty against manufacturer’s defects.
- Extreme portability with its collapsible toilet
- Integrated handle for easier transporting
- 300-pound weight capacity
- Leg locking system
- 5 years of warranty
- The seat opening is small
- It might be hard to fold it
7. Palm Springs Outdoor 5 Gallon Portable Outdoor Camping Recreation Toilet
True to the unit’s title, the Palm Springs portable toilet is designed for outdoor use, mostly for camping or boating. This is a self-contained camping potty that has freshwater and waste-water holding tanks that can handle 3 gallons and 5 gallons of water, respectively. These tanks are constructed from durable polyethylene with a leak resistant design and can be completely emptied, bringing convenience to the unit. The tanks are also secured by corrosion resistant latches from the side. The toilet comes with a comfortable full-size seat with a lid, having a matte finish for scratches. The whole unit weighs 9.75 pounds and has a built-in handle for easy transport.
- The freshwater capacity of 3 gallons
- The waste-water capacity of 5 gallons
- Durable polyethylene construction
- Leak-resistant design
- Built-in handle for additional portability
- Comfortable full-size seat
- The portable toilet is not big enough for adult use
- The flush pull might be hard to pull out
8. Cleanwaste Portable Toilet
The Go is a well-designed portable toilet. It’s well-built and comfortable to sit on. The rim under the seat makes sure that the edges of the bag remain clean. You can easily remove the net that provides support for the bag. It’s easy to unfold the legs in order to set up this portable toilet. Although you may find it a bit hard to fold the legs back, it won’t be a problem after first use. The good thing is that the legs are strong enough and the Go won’t collapse under you.
The package includes one portable toilet, one instruction sheet and one Go anywhere toilet kit. Plus, it has an in-built carry handle. The product measures 19 x 4 x 15 inches and can support up to 500 pounds and weighs only 8 pounds.
Since the product is easy to set up, you can unfold it in your SUV or van provided it has enough room.
- Easy to set up
- Lightweight and easy to transport
- The waste bags are easy to use and sanitary
- The toilet won’t take much space
- The lights might be a bit hard to retract
Now we have reached the end of our article. Hope that you found this comprehensive review of some of the best camping toilets helpful. With the product buying guide, you can easily shortlist which type of toilet you prefer and then check out our list for that type of toilet, ensuring that you can quickly make a solid decision, without wasting any time on researching or comparing various products.