As our roads are now becoming heavily crowded with automotive traffic, more and more cities consider biking more accessible and safer for the residents. In fact, the biking industry has thrived in recent years because several manufacturers have adapted and started to capitalize on this transportation style. Therefore, it’s no surprise that the use of electric mountain bikes has become very popular, as people are now preferring minimum pedal-assistance to their everyday commute.
Electric bikes can literally pay for itself, especially when you compare the cost of fuel, insurance, and car maintenance you spend in a year. In this post, we will be discussing the seven best electric mountain bikes available on the market now. We will be digging deep into their most important features, pros, and cons, as well as the things you must take into consideration when choosing a good quality electric bike. The aim of this post is to help you evaluate which one of our seven picks would give you the best value electric bike. Keep on reading if you want to know more.
||ANCHEER Folding Electric Mountain Bike with 26″ Wheels||9.4|
||Ecotric 26-Inch Electric Bike||9.2|
||Cyclamatic Power Plus CX1 Electric Mountain Bike||8.9|
||ANCHEER Folding Electric Mountain Bike with 26″ Wheels and Premium Full Suspension||9.3|
||ANCHEER Power Plus Electric Mountain Bike with Removable Battery||9.1|
||Addmotor MOTAN Electric Mountain Bike with Fat Tire (26-Inch)||9.5|
||ECOTRIC 26-Inch Fat Tire Bike for Snow, Beach and Mountains||9.6|
- What Is an Electric Bike and Why Should You Buy It?
- Buying Guide For An Electric Mountain Bike
- Top Picks for The Best Electric Mountain Bikes
- ANCHEER Folding Electric Mountain Bike with 26″ Super Lightweight Magnesium Alloy 6 Spokes Integrated Wheel, Premium Full Suspension and Shimano 21 Speed Gear (Yellow)
- ECOTRIC 26″ Inch Electric Bike White Electric Bicycle City E Bike Moped Pedal Assist Mountain Bike (Sports)
- Cyclamatic Power Plus CX1 Electric Mountain Bike with Lithium-Ion Battery (Sports)
- ANCHEER Folding Electric Mountain Bike with 26 Inch Wheel, Large Capacity Lithium-Ion Battery (36V 250W), Premium Full Suspension and Shimano Gear (Black) (Black-)
- ANCHEER Power Plus Electric Mountain Bike, 26” Electric Bike with 36V 8Ah Lithium-Ion Battery, Shimano 21 Speed Shifter (Optional Free Assembly （Select Assembly Button Below）)
- Addmotor MOTAN Electric Bicycles Mountain Fat Tire 26 Inch 750W Power Electric Bikes Removable 48V 11.6AH Lithium Battery M-560 P7 Ebikes for Adults+Fenders+Rear Rack(Orange)
- ECOTRIC 26″ Fat Bike Tire Wheel Men Snow Beach Mountain Electric Bicycle 500W Electric Moped (Misc.)
What Is an Electric Bike and Why Should You Buy It?
Popularly known as the e-bike, an electric bike is basically a motor-assisted bicycle. It is literally a combination of the traditional bicycle and a motor, which would mean that its engine would take a lot of your effort from pedaling.
There could be several reasons why you might need an electric bike. For instance, you may be traveling with a lot of cargo. The pedaling assistance provided by the electric bike can take a load off your effort and would mean the difference between spinning your legs and using a vehicle. You may also want to begin commuting to work. An electric bike could be very helpful for you to be able to cover the miles without showing up to work all sweaty. To add, it may help a lot, especially if you are recovering from an injury or illness. Lastly, you might want to try riding it because you are not as young as you were before.
Buying Guide For An Electric Mountain Bike
To be able to make the decision-making a lot easier on your part, you should be aware of all the factors that you should watch out for when choosing an electric mountain bike, which include:
Let’s start off with money. Now money is actually not a very good guide to what performance of bike gives you know; this is contrary to what many people might tell you. Much more important factors are things such as geometry sizing componentry manufacturing integrity and durability. Now an e-bike, in general, is about twenty kilos whereas a normal bike is about 13 kilos so you’re actually paying a lot of time for small gains in weight. Your money should be more spent on things such as reliability and durability.
Hard trail vs full suspension
Hard trail bikes are really good on roads and gravel tracks whereas they’re not quite so good on technical terrain, although the big tires do absorb much of the impact.
A full suspension bike can ride incredibly technical to cut terrain and the opportunities in this type of bike are boundless.
The key message here between full suspension and hardtail is whereas the former one can ride the technical terrains and the gravel paths with equal proficiency, the opposite is not true for the latter type, which is going to be far more limited in where you’re going be able to take it.
Type of electric bike
You may either choose between the pedal-assist, which monitors the rider’s input and then assists, or the Twist-n-Go type, which uses a switch that allows the riders to operate the motor’s input.
Location of the motor
The placement of the motor may either be on the front wheel or the frame. However, you may find hub-mounted motors on less expensive electric bikes, which can be of advantage because of its quiet operation. You should also consider the weight distribution of the motor, allowing your ride to be as stable as possible.
When choosing an electric mountain bike, it would be in your best interest to go for one that comes with a Lithium-Ion battery, which allows you to get at least 800 charge cycles before it gives up.
Electric mountain bikes do not come cheap, which is why it is very important that you carefully evaluate each feature first to be able to come up with a wise buying decision. If you have the budget, you may opt for the more expensive ones, as they are guaranteed to be of premium quality.
Top Picks for The Best Electric Mountain Bikes
The following list below presents you the top picks of the best electric mountain bikes available in today’s markets:
1. ANCHEER Folding Electric Mountain Bike with 26″ Wheels
The ANCHEER folding electric bike is made of industry-grade aluminum allow frame, which adopts a lightweight and strong material that is also anti-exposure and anti-rust. It comes with a large-capacity Lithium-Ion battery that can support from 25km on the electric bike mode up to 50km on the assisted riding mode. It also is equipped with a fast-charging smart Lithium battery charger.
This electric mountain bike features 26-inch magnesium alloy integrated wheels that come with thick slip resistant tires, suitable for a snowy or rainy mountain way. And given that this electric bike is foldable, you can save a lot of space for your everyday use. It also is equipped with a mechanical front and rear disc-brake design, as well as a 21-speed Shimano professional transmission system, which would mean that it has the perfect climbing ability.
Another great feature of the ANCHEER electric mountain bike is that it can be operated in two modes: the e-bike and the assisted mode. These modes can easily be changed just by pressing the M button.
- Comes with a large-capacity Lithium-Ion battery with charger
- Lightweight and strong
- Features a mechanical front and rear disc-brake design
- Equipped with lightweight magnesium alloy wheels
- Tires are slip-resistant
- The frame comes with an anti-rust and anti-exposure paint
- You cannot charge the battery away from the electric bike
- The bike seat may be uncomfortable
- The horn may not be loud enough
2. Ecotric 26-Inch Electric Bike
The ECOTRIC electric bike features a 500W motor that provides the bicycle with a strong power, as well as a climbing ability, allowing you to enjoy your mountain ride. It is also perfect for commuting, travel, and everyday use. It comes with a throttle controller, which helps you take proper control of your bike. With this feature, you can ride like a lightning in the alleyways and in the streets.
Another great feature of the ECOTRIC electric bike is that it is equipped with a front fork suspension that allows you to control the direction precisely and accurately. It also has an S700 LED display panel 36V power display, a five-speed cycle display, and cruise control that allows you to set the speed limit. Lastly, it features a Tektro front and rear disc brake that comes with a safety check, a flange nut, and gasket, as well as up to seven gear shifting system.
- Perfect for mountain ride and everyday use
- Maximum speed is 20 mph
- Made of strong aluminum alloy material
- Powered with a Lithium-Ion battery
- Easy to assemble
- A bit heavy for some
- Might be challenging to find a replacement for the battery
3. Cyclamatic Power Plus CX1 Electric Mountain Bike
The Cyclamatic electric mountain bike is very easy to use, with its quick release upgraded Lithium-Ion 36V battery and front wheel. It is safe to use in the rain and it would require you minimal assembly, around five minutes or less. In addition, it also features the quick-change Shimano gears. It delivers incredible performance, with speeds that reach 15 mph.
This electric mountain bike is very stylish, with its modern mountain bike frame and bright silver finish. It is also comfortable with its padded saddle. This electric bike is also suitable for use by ages 14 and up and at least 5’4 in height. Lastly, every purchase of the Cyclamatic electric mountain bike comes with a balance charger, a padded saddle, front suspension, disc brakes, Kenda tires, 21-speed Shimano gears, as well as bell and reflectors.
- Easy to use
- Delivers incredible performance
- Stylish and comfortable
- Impressive construction
- Works great even when riding uphill
- Battery indicator may not be precise
- A bit heavy for some
4. ANCHEER Folding Electric Mountain Bike with 26″ Wheels and Premium Full Suspension
Yet another ANCHEER folding electric bike on this list is its premium electric mountain bike full suspension offering. As the name suggests, it features the collapsible metal frame, which adapts the lightweight yet sturdy aluminum for easy storage and quick folding. Its paint material is also anti-exposure and anti-rust. It features a large capacity Lithium-Ion battery that also comes with a smart battery charger. It is equipped with 26-inch bead spoke wheels made of aluminum alloy and slip-resistant materials.
Another great feature of this electric mountain bike is that it features the mechanical front and rear disc-brake design, as well as the 21-speed Shimano transmission system. Like the previous ANCHEER electric mountain bike, it has two working modes: the e-bike and the assisted bicycle. Lastly, it is equipped with 3-speed smart buttons on the meter and the LED front light.
- Comes with a fast-charging battery charger
- Easy to assemble and use
- Easy to store and fold
- Equipped with strong wheels
- Has two working modes
- A little heavy
- The motor needs improvement, especially when going uphill
5. ANCHEER Power Plus Electric Mountain Bike with Removable Battery
Another great ANCHEER electric bicycle for sale is its Power Plus model. It is made of high-quality materials, with its 100% aluminum alloy frame and high-strength carbon steel front fork. Like the previous ANCHEER models, this electric bike also has the 3-speed smart meter button, as well as the double layer aluminum alloy 26-inch wheels.
You will be able to choose any speed, thanks to the front and rear disc brakes, as well as the 21-speed transmission system. In addition, its brakes can keep you safe and protected, especially when combined with the horn and LED headlamp that will be perfect when riding at night. Unlike the previous models, the Power Plus electric mountain bike comes with a removable Lithium-Ion battery. It comes with a charger that will allow you to ride up to 50 km/s.
Another similarity with the two previous ANCHEER models is that it also has two working modes: the e-bike and the assisted bicycle. Lastly, the brand offers a 1-year warranty for the battery, electric motor, and the charger.
- Made of premium-quality materials
- Choosing any speed will be very easy
- Equipped with LED headlamps for nighttime riding
- Comes with a removable Lithium-Ion battery
- Has two working modes
- The brand offers a 1-year warranty on parts
- The gears may lack some resistance
- The battery level may rapidly decrease on uphill riding
6. Addmotor MOTAN Electric Mountain Bike with Fat Tire (26-Inch)
The Addmotor MOTAN electric mountain bike features the modern strong bike frame designed, a streamlined arc, a hidden Lithium battery, a powerful yet quiet 48V 500W brushless motor, and a USB charging port that also allows you to charge while you are riding. It also features two working modes: e-bike and assisted bicycle. What’s great about this electric bike is that it is 100% electric and emissions-free, allowing you to save both the environment and your wallet.
This Addmotor electric bike comes with a night mode LCD, which ensures visibility during nighttime riding. This display also shows you your current speed and mileage. In addition, its 4-inch wide tires permit you to float over any terrain, which may include the beach, mountain, mud, sand, and snow. Lastly, we consider this model as one of the fastest electric mountain bikes because its maximum speed was measured at 23 mph.
- Ideal even for larger riders
- Maximum speed is at 23 mph
- Comes with a powerful motor
- Has two working modes
- Features night mode LCD display
- The bolt may strip easily
- Might be challenging to shift into a higher gear
7. ECOTRIC 26-Inch Fat Tire Bike for Snow, Beach and Mountains
We consider another offering by ECOTRIC on this review as one of the best electric bikes under $1000, the Fat Tire Beach Snow Bicycle. It features an ergonomic design with its adjustable seat and anti-slip wear resistant tire, which are all already 90% pre-assembled. Its maximum speed was measured at 23 mph, thanks to its 7 gears shifting system, allowing a fast, smooth, and accurate riding. It also comes with a 500W rear hub motor and a removable 36V Lithium Cell battery with charger.
Its 26 x 4.0 fat tires are also very durable, allowing you to ride with safety and stability. Lastly, it can accommodate up to 260 lbs of weight.
- Features an ergonomic design
- Already 90% pre-assembled
- Fat tires can endure all condition road
- Can accommodate larger riders
- Might not be suitable on ice
- Features only basic controls
Choosing the best electric mountain bikes will be a lot easier for you, especially if you took the time to evaluate each model’s best features, pros, and cons.
We all know that these bikes are expensive, so it would be in your best interest to know the model well before you proceed to check out. All you need to do is to relate the features with its price to be able to see if it provides you great value for the price you pay for it.