A folding foam mattress is a portable mattress that offers temporary bedding solution as an option to the mattresses used at home. There are many ways in which a foldable mattress comes in handy. For instance, you can use them:
- When you go out for camping and you need a portable mattress that is easy to carry and comfortable to sleep on
- When you have guests and need to improvise bedding for them to sleep comfortably
- As a mat for your toddler to play on safely
- When traveling and want to spend the night in your vehicle rather than in a hotel
||American Furniture Alliance Twin TriFold Mattress||9.6|
||Milliard Tri Folding Mattress with Washable Cover||9.8|
||Olee Sleep Tri-Folding Memory Foam||9.6|
||Best Price Queen Trifold Mattress||9.8|
||Cushy Form Tri-Fold Folding Mattress||9.5|
||SLEEPLACE Multi-Layer Tri-Folding Memory Foam||9.3|
||Milliard Tri-Fold Pack N’ Play Mattress Topper||9.1|
||D&D Futon Furniture Chair Folding Foam||9.9|
- Features of folding mattresses
- 8 Best Tri-Fold Folding Mattresses 2022
- American Furniture Alliance Hide A’ Mat 3.5 x 30 x 75 inch Jr Twin TriFold Mattress, Navy (Kitchen)
- Milliard Folding Mattress with Washable Cover (Cot) (Kitchen)
- Olee Sleep Tri-Folding Memory Foam Topper, 4 inch, Blue (Kitchen)
- Best Price Mattress 4 Inch Trifold Memory Foam Mattress Topper with Cover, CertiPUR-US Certified, Queen (Kitchen)
- Cushy Form Floor Mattress – Foldable 4 Inch Foam Camping Bed w/Case for Adults & Kids – Folding Portable Bed for Travel, Van, Guest – Fold Up Pad – College Dorm Room Essentials for Girls and Guys (Unknown Binding)
- SLEEPLACE Multi Layer Tri-Folding Memory Foam Topper, Single, Blue-grey (Kitchen)
- Milliard Tri-Fold Pack N’ Play Mattress – Plus Free Bonus Carry Case (Baby Product)
- D&D Futon Furniture Gray Sleeper Chair Folding Foam Bed, Studio Guest Beds, Sofa, High Density Foam 1.8 lbs. (6 x 32 x 70) (Kitchen)
Features of folding mattresses
- They fold. The most popular folding mattresses fold twice or thrice making them easy to store or transport.
- They are portable. Because they are made of memory foam, these mattresses are lightweight and pretty portable.
- Are made of foam. While some are made of polyfoam, you’ll come across others that are made of memory foam. Ploy foam is the same material commonly used to make a typical home mattress. Memory foam, on the other hand, molds in response to the heat produced by the human body. It comes with the advantage of easing pressure points and is very flexible.
- Are made with a cover for the foam. Covers for folding mattresses have varying characteristics. Most have a soft feel. Some are breathable and others waterproof. Again, most are removable making them easy to wash or replace. Some are treated with fire retardant or antimicrobial protection. It is important to get a cover with a non-slip bottom to help keep your mattress in place wherever you intend to use it.
Common materials for covers include polyester, bamboo, and rayon, sometimes with a blend of Jacquard fabric.
- The dimensions. The thickness of most folding mattresses usually ranges between 3 and 6 inches. While most of them measure 4 inches in thickness, the 6 inches ones tend to be more comfortable. On the con, however, the thicker ones are bulky and so not exactly portable. The length and width of the mattress should also be considered and will be determined by the size of the user. There are different mattress sizes from extra small to king size.
- The firmness level. Most folding mattresses will be firm or medium-firm. Ideally, the thicker the mattress, the softer it will be. For instance, a 6 inches thick mattress should feel softer than a 4-inch thick mattress.
8 Best Tri-Fold Folding Mattresses 2022
This review features 8 best tri-fold folding mattresses. They are comfortable. They are supportive and will make your pursuits fun and memorable.
1. American Furniture Alliance Twin Tri-Fold Mattress
Defining comfort at its best, the Hide A’ Mattress by American Furniture Alliance features a breathable fiber filling enclosed in a soft poly surface. It is not just the fiber filling that makes it breathable. Its sides and bottom surface also feature a double non-slip mesh material to enhance airflow for temperature regulation. This folding mat measures 75 (L) x 30 (W) x 3.5 (H) inches so if you are looking for a mat with ample space, then this is it. Additional features include a carrying strap and carry handles which make it portable since it is intended for outdoor use.
This mattress is bound by the unyielding double seam at its edges which makes it durable. Cleaning is as easy as wiping it off with a damp cloth.
- Soft and comfortable
- Well ventilated
- Portable thanks to the carry handle and straps
- Ideal for short term use since the foam flattens with time
2. Milliard Tri Folding Mattress with Washable Cover
Milliard’s HK612-4-31 is a thoughtfully structured tri-fold foam folding mattress. It features a medium-firm CertiPUR-US certified foam at the center, a non-toxic fire protection layer, and a removable soft bamboo cover with an anti-slip bottom. At the sides is a meshed layer which facilitates ventilation throughout the mattress to give you a cool comfortable home-like experience away from home. This mattress measures 31 (L)x 25 (W) x 4 (H) inches which is ample enough for both children and adults.
This mattress folds into a compact size making it conveniently portable. It is available in five sizes including single, cot, twin, queen, and full sizes.
- Medium-density is not very firm and not very soft hence offers a balance of comfort and support.
- Ventilation helps regulate one’s temperature while sleeping
- Non-toxic certified
- Not fit for immediate use
3. Olee Sleep Tri-Folding Memory Foam
Olee’s tri-folding topper measures 75 (L) x 25 (W) x 3 (H) inches. Made of medium-density foam and a removable, washable cover with zip closure is the perfect option if you are looking for a supportive mattress for unexpected guests or an outdoor trip. The entire cover is highly breathable and the bottom non-slip.
- Offers firm support
- The removable cover makes it easy to clean
- Not waterproof
4. Best Price Queen Trifold Mattress
This folding mattress by Best Price Mattress is a high-density option if support matters most to you. Designed with two foam layers including a 2.5 inches high-density foam and 1.5 inches memory foam, this topper does not compromise comfort at all. Secondly, it measures 60 (L) x 26.6 (W) inches making it a good option for the average adult.
The foams are wrapped up in a 100 % poly-Jacquard removable cover with zipper closure. It is also meshed for ventilation, plush at the top for maximum comfort, and non-slip at the bottom to keep it in place. This topper is CertiPUR-US certified and comes inside a carry bag.
Finally, this topper comes in a variety of sizes from extra small, twin, twin XL, full, short, queen, king, and California King, which gives you a range of options to choose from.
- Soft comfortable cover
- High-density plus memory foam layers make this topper firmly supportive yet very comfortable.
- Strong off-gassing is uncomfortable for some
5. Cushy Form Tri-Fold Folding Mattress
This foam fold up mattress by Cushy Form measures 75 (L) x 25 (W) x 4 (H). This unit has been made to be compact and firm to offer firm support to your back and neck. It features dense memory foam to offer excellent back, head, and neck support. On the other hand, however, this mattress pad is comfortable thanks to the soft breathable cover with zip closure.
The cover is removable and easy to clean by hand or machine washing. It comes with a carry bag for convenient storage and transportation. This mattress pad is among the safest to use. No PBDEs, TDCPP, TCEP chemicals have been used in its production
- Offers firm support
- Safe to use as it does not contain elements of harmful chemicals.
- The seams on the cover are not strong
6. SLEEPLACE Multi-Layer Tri-Folding Memory Foam
If you are looking for a mix of support and comfort, the SLEEPLACE 04TM01S mattress topper presents an excellent option. It is made of two foam layers. The top layer, made for comfort, is a 1.5 inches Dura 1 Gel foam layer whose other function is to regulate keeping you cool throughout the night. The bottom 2.5 inches layer is made of the firm Dura high-density foam to offer maximum support to your back, neck, and head. It measures 75 (L) x 25 (W) x 4 (H).
These foams are enclosed in a soft removable polyester Jacquard cover with a zippered closure. The cover is incredibly plush at the top and non-slip at the bottom.
- Offers both comfort and support
- The cover can be better.
7. Milliard Tri-Fold Pack N’ Play Mattress Topper
Best for kids and spills, this plush and soft foam mattress by Milliard comes with a waterproof polyester cover to prevent it from absorbing spills and kids wee-wee. It features a 1.5 inches thick foam which measures 38 (L) x 26 (W) inches making it a great playmat for your toddlers both indoor and outdoor. Its zippered cover is removable allowing you to take it off and wash it clean when you need to do so.
The Pack N’ Plat mattress topper features a protective fireproof fiberglass lining and the CertiPUR-US certification to guarantee safety. It comes with a carry tote bag for easy storage and transportation.
- Comes with a fireproof lining
- The waterproof cover prevents stains and spills from reaching the foam
- Not breathable
8. D&D Futon Furniture Chair Folding Foam
D&D’s tri-fold foam folding mattress and sofa bed is designed for your chair bed, sofa, or couch and comes in handy when you wish to give yourself or your visitors a bed-like treat on the couch. This folding mattress is thicker than most others to deliver firm support and comfort. It is made of 6-inch thick density foam with pure polyester cover and measures 70 (L) x 32 (W) inches making it a large mattress. It is also designed with a backrest as it can double up as a chair mattress.
It comes with two straps with Velcro closures to secure the mattress when folded. This mattress meets the 16 CFR 1633 flammability standard.
- Versatile – can be used both as a chair and a bed
- Thicker than others hence quite comfortable
- Comes with the 16 CFR 1633 flammability certification
- Too bulky to be portable
- The backrest becomes rather uncomfortable for the head when converted
- Taking off the cover is not easy
People purchase folding mattresses for different reasons. These mattresses offer the much-desired solution when you go out or when you need to accommodate overnight guests. They come in handy where there is limited space. It is good to have one because you never know when you will need it.