Having a good pair of towing mirrors installed onto your vehicle can give you the peace of mind while driving. Regardless of what type of vehicle you are towing, you need to maintain an unobstructed view of the rear at all times. If you can’t see the vehicle behind you properly, then you might want to consider mounting a special type of towing mirrors.
||CIPA 11950 Universal Clip-On Towing Mirror||8.3|
||Trail Ridge Power Heated Tow Mirror||9.6|
||SCITOO fit Chevy GMC Towing Mirrors||9.4|
||Dometic DM-2912 Milenco Grand Aero3 Towing Mirror||9.3|
||ECCPP Towing Signal Pickup Mirrors||9.8|
||MOSTPLUS New Power Heated Chrome Towing Mirrors||9.0|
||Fit System Toyota Tundra Replacement Mirror||9.9|
||ECCPP Towing LED Signal Clearance Light Pair Mirrors||9.5|
||ECCPP Towing Manual Side View Mirrors||9.4|
||ECCPP Power Heated Smoke Towing Mirror||9.3|
- Why you need special towing mirrors for your vehicle?
- Things to consider when buying towing mirrors
- Top 10 Mirrors for Towing 2020
- CIPA 11950 Universal Clip-On Towing Mirror (Automotive)
- Trail Ridge Tow Mirror Power Heated Textured Black Pair Set for Silverado Sierra
- SCITOO fit Chevy GMC Towing Mirrors Chrome Rear View Mirrors fit 2014-2018 Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra 1500 2015-2018 Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra 2500 HD 3500HD with Power Heated Signal Backup Light
- Dometic DM-2912 Milenco Grand Aero3 Towing Mirror – Twin Pack (Automotive)
- ECCPP Towing Mirrors Replacement fit for 1999-2002 Silverado Sierra Power Heated Smoke Led Signal Pickup Mirrors
- MOSTPLUS Power Heated Towing Mirrors Compatible for Chevy Silverado GMC Serria 2014-2018 w/Sequential Turn light, Clearance Lamp, Running Light(Set of 2) Not for diesel truck (Chrome)
- Fit System 70103-04T Toyota Tundra Driver/Passenger Side Replacement Mirror Set with Turn Signal and Dual Glass (Automotive)
- ECCPP Towing Mirror Replacement fit for 2003-2006 Chevrolet Silverado Tahoe Suburban Avalanche GMC Sierra Yukon Cadillac Escalade (07 Classic) Power Heated LED Signal Light Pair Mirrors
- ECCPP Towing Mirrors Pair Set Replacement fit for 2003-2008 Dodge Ram 1500 2500 3500 Truck Power Heated Black Manual Side View Mirrors
- ECCPP Towing Mirror by Side Mirror Replacement for 1999-2007 Ford F250 F350 F450 F550 Super Duty with Power Heated Smoke Turn Signal Telescopic
Why you need special towing mirrors for your vehicle?
Most towing-related accidents happen because of blind spots. Therefore, you need to evaluate your visibility and install side towing mirrors to make sure you can see the traffic behind you for safe driving.
Towing mirrors ensure the safety of you, the freight and the people around you. Besides, they help you respect the law. Each state has its own set of towing mirror regulations. As a general rule of thumb, you should be able to see the entire trailer behind you as well as the traffic behind it. Based on the size of the trailer, you may need the right type of mirrors.
Things to consider when buying towing mirrors
Given below are a few things to consider If you need help buying the right pair for towing mirrors for your vehicle.
Field of view
If you want to maneuver your vehicle safely, you need to have a large field of view. For this purpose, convex mirrors offer a much better view of the rear.
If you have a wide, tall or large carriage to tow, the telescopic design of this mirror type allows you to see the entire scope of the camper or trailer.
This exceptional feature can be a great help in a colder environment. Your car mirrors become hazy due to ice or snow in winter. The temperature sensor on the mirrors activates the heating element and clear the snowy haze.
LED mirrors are the towing mirrors that come with built-in directional arrow lights. These lights are wired brake lights and turn signals of your vehicle. They make your vehicle safer, especially when braking or turning.
Portable caravan mirrors
A pair of portable caravan mirrors are easy to install. They can be clamped onto the original side mirrors of your vehicle. On the other hand, permanent fixtures require replacing the original set of mirrors and connecting to the right set of wires.
Top 10 Mirrors for Towing 2020
1. CIPA 11950 Universal Clip-On Towing Mirror
As the name suggests, this towing mirror is universal in position and application. You can clip this set of universal towing mirrors directly onto your existing mirrors in a few minutes without using any tools. Once installed, it can extend your towing vision as much as 7 inches. The good thing is that it measures only 6 x 2.8 x 15.8 inches and weighs one pound. Unlike other mirrors, it doesn’t cost much.
It may slightly shake but won’t be a big problem while you are doing your work. You can rotate the mirror vertically in order to make the adjustment for the round convex mirror. It can easily handle fast speeds at highway or when you happen to hit heavy potholes. The build quality is awesome and the rubber straps have a strong grip on your original mirrors. Overall, It’s one of the best mirrors for towing.
- Easy to use
- A fairly priced alternative to other expensive towing products
- Adjust arms can be fit tightly on any type of mirrors and remain vibration-free
- Can increase your towing vision by up to 7 inches
- Can be clipped directly on your current mirrors without much effort
- Universal in position and application
- May slightly vibrate at high speeds
- May not offer a perfect fit
2. Trail Ridge Power Heated Tow Mirror
This two mirror is well-built and easy to install. As far as the installation is concerned, these mirrors are plug and play and can be adjusted with the power control of your vehicle. Although they don’t feature the turn signal flasher, they are a great choice for the price.
You don’t need extra wiring for installation of these mirrors. From the design perspective, they are your best choice for the price. Even if you have never installed one yourself, you can install them in a few minutes. All you need to do is watch the A1 Auto videos on YouTube will help you install them. Won’t take a lot of effort.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- Easy to install
- Runs on the power and controls of your vehicle
- Can replace the existing non-tow mirrors of your vehicle
- Are easy to fold in
- Don’t feature the temperature sensor
- Make slight vibration
3. SCITOO fit Chevy GMC Towing Mirrors
SCITOO fit Chevy GMC towing mirrors work great. If you have never installed any towing mirrors yet, you may need to spend a bit more time on the installation of this one. However, after installing one, the other one won’t take much time. Based on what your vehicle is equipped with, the backup lights may or may not work.
The product measures 21.1 x 17.3 x 14 inches and weighs just 20.9 pounds. All in all, it’s an ideal pair of towing mirrors if you are on the lookout of an easy to install, inexpensive product.
- Easy to install
- Offers back up lights and manual telescoping
- Offers better angle of rear view when towing
- Can’t be folded in
- Don’t feature the circular grommet
- The mirror may not be strong enough to withstand strong winds and may vibrate a bit
4. Dometic DM-2912 Milenco Grand Aero3 Towing Mirror
The Grand Aero3 Towing mirror is designed in a way that it can be attached to your current vehicle mirror for better vision during towing. The product enjoys impressive durability as it’s made of a combo stainless steel and high impact plastic. The attachment is a piece of cake and won’t require you to use special tools. As far as the size goes, it measures only 20 x 8 x 10 inches and is lightweight at 3.49 pounds.
Once they are properly attached, they will stay in place even after thousands of miles of travel. Plus, you can quickly remove them when you don’t need them. This is to make sure they don’t get stolen. The field of view is impressive so you will feel much safer on the road. At higher speeds, you may feel a little bit of vibration but the pros outweigh the cons.
- Easy to attach/detach
- Universal design
- Grip clamp attachment is easy
- Air balanced design
- The mirror extensions comply with the international regulations
- High-quality materials
- May vibrate a bit at high speeds
- The assembly make take more time
5. ECCPP Towing Signal Pickup Mirrors
The great thing about these tow mirrors is that they can be a great replacement for the factory mirrors. They fit as well as the originals. Since they are an ideal replacement and come with great upgrades, they can save you a lot of money on the dealer parts.
What makes these mirrors a great choice is their sturdy build, zero vibration, an impressive field of view and easy installation. If you have a travel trailer, they can work great with it. In fact, they are a lot better than the regular “strap on” ones. The built-in marker lights are beautiful features. Their weight is 20.9 pounds and size is 21.1 x 17.3 x 14 inches.
- Power operate adjustment
- The installation is quite simple
- The mirrors can be defrosted with the heating element
- LED clearance lights and turn signal lights
- Plug and play heater
- No wiring instructions for the lights
- At highway speeds, the mirrors may shake a bit
- The white lights that shine back are not legal
6. MOSTPLUS New Power Heated Chrome Towing Mirrors
These power heated towing mirrors feature a clear glass that won’t vibrate when driving. Their design is awesome and all the features work as per the description. Aside from this, the sequential turn signal is a beautiful unique feature. Interestingly enough, the mirrors telescope out around 8 inches. The good thing is that heat and blinker are easy to set up.
While the big glasses are power-operated, the small ones are manually operated. Other impressive features of the product include white clearance light, amber running light, and built-in red turn light. As far as the setup is concerned, it may take around 40 minutes to install the mirrors the first time. Even if you go at 80 mph, you won’t experience any vibration.
- Easy to install
- Impressive build quality
- Features the clearance light
- The telescoping dual arms are extendable
- Dual glasses
- Heated function
- Power adjusted
- Built-in turn light
- At highway speed, you may experience slight vibrations
- May need to adjust the lenses far out for a better view
7. Fit System Toyota Tundra Replacement Mirror
This replacement mirror set includes passenger and driver-side mirrors. They are heated and power-adjustable and can be installed without any problem. If you need to park your vehicle in narrow garages, you can fold the mirrors. The mirror is equipped with an extra blind spot mirror. However, the power, turn signal and heating operations will work only if your vehicle has these features in it. Although the mirror features power adjusting glass, it leaves out power foldaway features.
Some of the great features of the product include the ability to extend the mirror, dual glass top, w / light, and bottom. If your vehicle is prewired for the required features, you can plug in the Fit System mirrors and all the functions will be ready like defrosters, power mirrors, driving lights, and turn signal lights. The replacement of the mirror won’t take much time. All you need to do is remove the three bolts. The product weighs 14.99 pounds and measures 23.6 x 18.3 x 15.7 inches.
- Power and heated adjustable
- Easy to install
- The mirror can be folded to park your vehicle in narrow garages
- Textured finish with black grains
- The mirror features an extra blind spot mirror
- The heater may not work as well as the OEM one
- The lower convex mirrors can’t be adjusted up and down
8. ECCPP Towing LED Signal Clearance Light Pair Mirrors
This pair of mirrors are designed to work as an alternative to the factory mirrors. Their installation is quick and easy as the assembly is camper style. This product allows a great upgrade that can save you plenty of money on the dealer parts. The reinforcement brackets prevent vibrations while you are driving. The powered adjustment mirrors and heating element allows you to defrost the mirrors so you can monitor the rear side view at all times.
Other good features that the product comes with include LED clearance lights and turn signal lights. You can also use its manual telescoping function when needed. The package includes two towing mirrors, one for each side of your vehicle. There are a lot of towing mirrors for sale, but this one is a great choice.
- Easy to install
- Easy to extend
- Their design is impressive
- They are sturdy enough to stand the test of time
- The lights work well
- Affordable for most buyers
- At highway speed, the mirrors may shake a bit
9. ECCPP Towing Manual Side View Mirrors
This pair of towing mirrors for pickup trucks is designed as a replacement for the factory mirrors. They can be installed just like the original ones. What makes them better than the factory mirrors is the upgrades they offer. By opting for this pair of towing mirrors, you can save plenty of money on the dealer parts.
The mirrors for towing a caravan include the mirror head that can be flipped out for wide vision. Both the mirrors are foldable, extendable, mirrors heated, and power operated. Since they come in a pair, they cover both the passenger side and the driver side. The length of the product is around 18 inches when folded in and around 24 inches when folded from the bottom. It’s designed to meet strict quality control standards. While installing, make sure you be careful when installing the mirrors or you may end up pinching the wires close to the mounting area. These mirrors weigh 18.8 pounds and measure 21 x 13 x 16 inches.
- Easy to install
- Looks great from all sides
- Secure and durable
- Fit really well
- The mirrors may slightly vibrate in the freeway
- The glass is not as thick as it should be
10. ECCPP Power Heated Smoke Towing Mirror
This pair of add on mirrors for towing is an ideal choice if you have 1999-2007 Ford F250 F350 F450 F550 Super Duty. The power-adjusted mirrors can be moved in different angles with the help of factory controls in your vehicle. The heated mirrors will work fine even in frost and ice so you can see clearly even when it’s snowing or raining. When the turn signal is activated, the amber light will switch on. As far as the weight goes, the product weighs only 20.9 pounds and measures 20.5 x 15.2 x 20.1 inches.
The extendable mirrors allow you to enjoy a wider visual area so you are less likely to have an accident. Can be fit perfectly with the original wiring of your vehicle. The glass is high-quality and reflects the rearview so you can see what is happening behind you. The fixing of the mirror is quite easy. All you need to do is tighten the three bolts. You won’t experience vibrations even when you are on a rough road. All in all, it’s a great choice.
- Allows easy installation
- The mirrors are power adjusted with the factory controls
- The heated mirrors can deal with frost and ice
- Upon the activation of the turn signal, the amber light turns on
- The mirror arm is extendable
- Cheaper than a lot of other units
- The glass is high quality
- May leave a slight gap in the front of the mirror
- Some features will not work if your vehicle doesn’t support them
- No installation instructions
So, once you have chosen a new pair of towing mirrors onto your vehicle, you can head off and two any vehicle, small or large, without worrying about the carriage or the traffic behind you. With the right type of towing mirrors, you can ensure your holiday is safer and free of stress. Plus, you will have the confidence you need to tow your caravan. You won’t have any towing mirror blues anymore.