Coleman Palmetto Cool-Weather Sleeping Bag
- Its extra size allows for more comfort
- Its machine-washable
- Great ZipPlow features ensures zipping without snagging
- RollControl mechanism for easy packing
- 100% polyester shell is usable in damp camping grounds
- No cold spots as lining does not move
- Not suitable for use in the extremely cold weathers. Its use is limited to its temperature rating only.
- Quite bulky and relatively heavy
- When bought can smell a bit of a plastic. Unzip it and hang outside for several hours.
This is a rectangular sleeping bag. The inner lining is made of 100% cotton, a natural fiber that is very friendly to the skin. The insulation of this bag stays fixed without moving even as you move in the sleeping bag, therefore eliminating any chances of creating cold spots anywhere in the sleeping bag. Note that this sleeping bag is made for camping in temperatures of 30 degrees Fahrenheit (-1° C).
Thanks to the tricot liner, you will keep very warm and the endurance of the bag is improved greatly. It is easy to maintain because the Coleman Palmetto cool-weather sleeping bag is machine washable.
- Measures 3 (H) x 33 (W) x 75 inches (L) (~7.5 x 84 x 191 cm) when unpacked
- Measures 16.9 x 9.8 x 9.8 inches (~43 x 25 x 25 cm) when packed
- Weighs 5 lbs (~2.2 kg)
- Its temperature rating is 30° F (-1° C)
- For heights up to 5 ft 11 in (~180 cm)
- ComfortSmart technology to keep the face soft
- ZipPlow technology to avoid zip snagging
- RollControl system makes packing the bag easy
- Fiberlock Construction prevents insulation from shifting
- Can be zipped together with another bag
- Machine washable
- Carry bag included
- Comes in red color
This sleeping bag comes with a 5-year limited warranty.
This bag is considered a budget bag. It is not a ultralight bag or a bag which is intended to be used in very cold conditions.
However, if you are going car-camping, this bag is a good choice whether you are camping in spring, summer or fall.
It has some useful features (like snag-free zipper, a system for easy rolling and so on) which will come handy while camping.
What do you think?
Have you tried this sleeping bag? Let other readers know what your experience is. What pros and cons can you list from your experience? It is always great to hear from people who walked the walk and can share their knowledge.
Be sure to check out other great camping cots by visiting our sleeping bags reviews section.