Coleman ComfortSmart Camping Cot
- Can fit in your car trunk when folded
- Built with spring coil suspension that makes it close to a bed
- Rust proof heavy duty steel frame
- Thick mattress padding made of foam ensures that you do not bring your own sleeping pad
- Can be used as a guest bed at home
- Will support weight of up to 275 lbs (~124 kg) without sagging in the middle
- It is most comfortable for people who are utmost 5 feet 7 inches (~170 cm), therefore leaving taller people out
- It folds outwards so the mattress must be taken off every time it is folded
- Mattress may slip around a bit when sleeping
Currently, my cousin is using the Coleman ComfortSmart Camping Cot and I must admit that it lives up to its name. This one has kept me so comfortable many a night such that he has slept through the night. One night, he could not even hear as a naughty opossum went through his bag stealing stuff. Among all its features, the tough canvas is what I fell in love with. So far, it has held my cousin’s 180 lbs (~82 kg) every night of camping without causing so much as a squeak.
In addition, this camping cot comes with its padded mattress, and it incorporates a new spring coil system that gives it a wonderful bed-feel.
- Measures 69 (L) x 25 (W) x 15 (H) inches (~175 x 64 x 38 cm) when set up for use
- Measures 34.3 x 25.4 x 5.5 inches (~87 x 64 x 14 cm) when it is folded
- Has a metal frame that is made of heavy-duty steel construction
- Weighs 14 lbs (~7 kg)
- Can support up to 275 lbs (~124 kg) of weight
- Has a thick (1.5 inches (~4 cm) ) mattress made of foam
- Has a bi-folding frame
This camping cot comes with a limited one-year warranty. This means that if it develops a problem with one year of its purchase due to manufacturing defects, it will be replaced without any cost to you.
If you are looking to buy a camping cot that will serve you well both at home and when you are out camping, the Coleman ComfortSmart will meet your needs perfectly. However, if you are heavier than 275 pounds (~124 kg) and taller than 5 feet 7 inches (~170 cm), you had better look for another one.
What do you think?
Have you tried this camping cot? Let us know what your impression is. What pros and cons can you list from your experience? It is always great to hear from people who walked the walk and can share their knowledge.