The mere aspect that one is legally allowed to carry a firearm is reason enough to consider holster options since a Ruger, Smith & Wesson or any other gun is not something that you want to carry so openly. You want to conceal it so that you do not alarm people. Not to mention, the gun you carry may save your life.
There are many traditional holster options but the belly band holster is the best for concealment since it allows you to hide your gun under layers of clothing. The work of this type of holster is to safely and securely position the concealed gun. Normally, when wearing one of the best belly band holsters, it is hard for other people to notice that you are wearing one. All of the holster reviews online reveal that it works with the different varieties of dressing codes that exist.
What one chooses to wear will at times translate to the positioning of the holster. It could be under the chest, in front of the body or around the hips. As such, both men and women can use a holster without the fear that one will spot them. Additionally, most of the belly band holsters are made with an elastic material so that they are comfortable for wear the whole day.
For convenience purposes, most belly bands have extra holsters and pockets to provide one with the convenience of carrying spare stuff such as a magazine or a mobile phone. The belly holsters are designed universally to fit all handgun models. A little heads up here is this: look out for summer days since you will get sweaty. All belly holsters will make you feel hot around the belly. You will have to get used to it and sooner than later, you will be comfortable. Basically, belly band holsters are a plus for people who want to lose weight. Besides having your weapon concealed under your clothing, you also get to keep your belly fat on check.
Here is a glimpse at some of the best belly band holsters:
- 1. AlphaHolster Belly Gun Holster
- 2. Ultimate Belly Band Holster for Concealed Carry
- 3. UnderTech UnderCover Original Belly Band
- 4. Concealed Belly Band Black Holster
- 5. Defender Concealment Belly Band Holster
- Important things you need to know about bellyband holsters
1. AlphaHolster Belly Gun Holster
This gun holster is the way to go. It is light, comfortable, effective, and one of the best out there. It offers flexible options such as running, jogging or hiking. You can undertake any type of activity when wearing this holster. In fact, after getting used to it, one forgets that they are wearing one since it becomes almost a part of their body. There is one outstanding thing about this weapon holster – it is wide enough to carry all you need in one single accessory.
- It is suitable for use either by a left-handed or a right-handed person.
- It is light and elastic so that one does not feel uncomfortable when wearing one. It being light also means that it has room for breathing and to allow you to go about your duties normally.
- Available in beige, black or white color.
- It has a Velcro to secure the holster from the front.
- The belly band comes with two extra holsters when in need of additional clips.
- It can fit both the large and the small guns because it is elastic.
- It is designed to hold as close to the body as possible.
- It has provisions for either the cross draw or the strong side option. The only thing that you need to ensure is that you wear the belly gun holster in the exact position where you want the gun to be stationed.
- It is relatively inexpensive.
- The size ranges from small, medium, large, x-large with the following respective measurements:
- Small – 28 to 34 inches (70 to 85 cm)
- Medium- 34 to 40 inches (85 to 10 cm)
- Large – 40 to 46 inches (100 to 115 cm)
- X-large – 46 to 52 inches (115 to 130 cm)
Another positive aspect of the AlphaHolster Belly Gun Holster is that it is versatile enough for optimal positioning. One can either opt to position the belly band holster up under the arms or opt for down close to the waist option. The only drawback in this case is that for a situation that calls for a quick response, one might lag behind since they have to pull the shirt or the blouse up to access the weapon if they are wearing the holster on the inside of the waistband. Well, of course, there are people who wear the holster outside their clothes and as such are not affected much by this drawback. In other words, this kind of holster is ideal for utmost concealment.
With this holster, you can be sure that there is no one point in time that your gun will slip off. So, you have the liberty to do everything in your line of duty without having to look over your shoulder for anything that might go amiss. Do not also forget that if you buy the holster from Amazon, the shipping will be really fast.
2. Ultimate Belly Band Holster for Concealed Carry
The ultimate Bellyband Holster for Concealed Carry is one of a kind and it is unique in every sense of the word. Most of the holsters are made from an elastic material which is not the best for some reasons. For example, when an elastic material gets wet, there is a tendency to react with the body and that can sometimes lead to rashes from the pinching and scratching. This is the reason why the Ultimate Belly Band Holster is one of the best.
Research shows that a material called neoprene is the most ideal for braces on the knees and the back since it is soft and comfortable against the skin. Now, this is the same material that makes the Ultimate Belly Band and thus making it the best belly band holster.
- It is made of a soft material so that it does not cause irritation to the skin.
- Unlike other belly holsters, it is a one-size fit all for everyone since it can stretch as far as to fit one with a waist of 46 inches (115 cm).
- The neoprene material used to make the holster is comfortable for wear.
- The holster has the capacity to hold the smallest to the full-size kinds of pistols including a 1911 full size. For the smaller guns, they can fit deep into the holsters but caution should be taken to ensure that they are in a position where they can be easily drawn.
- It has a variety of wearing positions. One can wear it inside, outside, across the body, the appendix kind of wear, behind the hips and under the arms.
- Efficient for the left or the right-hand kind of draw.
- It has a retention strap and extra pockets to store other items.
- It is thick enough to hold the weight of the pistols.
- It does not require one to wear a belt which means that it blends well with any kind of outfit.
- It is 5 inches wide by 42.25 inches long (13 x 106 cm).
- It has a 30-day warranty period with the provision of return after the 30 days if you are displeased with the product.
- One can tighten or loosen it as they deem fit.
- It has a clip in the front instead of a Velcro which can be noisy when retrieving the weapon.
- It has an outward facing layer to prevent the sweat from getting to the clothes.
Well. we can say that it is a bit expensive but at the end of the day, you get value for your money, which is more than anyone can say for most of the cheap belly band holsters.
3. UnderTech UnderCover Original Belly Band
This holster is ideal for any situation, in the office, in the field, at home or in the gym. Typically, any place is ideal for the UnderTech Original belly band. One thing to look out for when securing this weapon holster is to ensure that it fits well. Otherwise, if it does not fit, the Velcro can be quite uncomfortable for wear and that will work to your disadvantage.
It sticks close to the body and no matter how much you move or run, one thing is certain – your gun will remain intact all along. There is another reason why it is one of the best belly band holsters out there. It is waterproof. No matter how much exercise you do, there is no point in time that the sweat will get to your handgun. Even when the rain falls, you can still go about your duties with the assurance that your handgun is safe.
- It is available either in the black or white color.
- The sizes of the waist are as follows:
- X-small – 24 to 27 inches (60 to 67.5 cm)
- Small – 28 to 32 inches (70 to 80 cm)
- Medium – 33 to 36 inches (82.5 to 90 cm)
- Large – 37 to 40 inches (92.5 to 100 cm)
- X-large – 41 to 45 inches (102.5 to 112.5 cm)
- 2X – 46 to 52 inches (115 to 130 cm)
- 3X – 52 to 60 inches (130 to 150 cm)
- It has Velcro tape at the front.
- It is made of a heavy elastic material.
- It has slots for a pistol and a revolver.
- The spare pockets measure 6 inches (15 cm) and are used to hide items such as credit cards, magazines among other stuff.
- It accommodates all ranges of guns and pistols from the smallest one to a full sized Glock.
- It is flexible enough and it can be worn either up the arms or down the belly. As long as you wear it in a comfortable position then you are good to go.
- It does not require a belt.
The elasticity of the material makes it well-ventilated and substantial enough to conceal the gun with a jacket or a pullover after it is held close to the body. If you have a bigger gun, then this particular kind of belly band holster is the best option for extra exceptional security.
You can never go wrong with this original belly band since it has reinforced stitches all round the holster. Personally, this is my best belly band holster since it is durable and can stand the test of time. Another unique thing is that either of the pockets are designed differently. While one is designed for a semi-auto, the other one is designed for a revolver. Not many gun holsters have such unique distinctions.
Be prepared to get a little trouble drawing the gun at the beginning of using this holster. The reason for this is that the gun has a tendency of sitting somehow lower in the holster. But over time, you get used to the whole process and it gets easy. Regardless of the drawbacks, the UnderCover Original Belly Band Holster is a good and efficient concealment system.
4. Concealed Belly Band Black Holster
One of the best belly band holsters for carrying small pistols is none other than the new Black Concealed Belly Band Holster. The Velcro closure is adjustable to suit different sizes. Therefore, one is at liberty to wear the holster wherever they feel comfortable.
- The size of the waist ranges from 30 to 38 inches (75 to 95 cm).
- It is designed to fit revolvers and pistols.
- It holds the handgun close to the body.
- It has provisions for either the right or the left draw.
- The elastic waistband in place is for maximum concealment.
- It keeps the handgun intact even while running.
- This holster is backed with a universal Velcro for maximum efficiency.
- It has spare pouches on either side of the holster.
- The area around the holster where the weapon is placed has elastic wraps.
- The Velcro is firm, heavy-duty and sturdy. However, it needs to be well secured so that it does not uncomfortably rub with the body.
One disadvantage is that this pistol holster can be sweaty if worn directly on the skin. Another limitation is the fact that accessing the gun needs that one is alert since it can take some considerable effort.
5. Defender Concealment Belly Band Holster
This holster has an exceptional and unique make. For people who love fashion, style and design, this gun holster is a combination of everything good. This is one kind of belly band that can stand wear for as long as need be.
- It comes with a hand orientation of either the left or the right.
- It has a complete conceal system so there is no way of anyone knowing that one is carrying a weapon.
- It is designed for a fast draw when in need of the gun.
- The holster can be worn anywhere around the waist.
- It can carry large frame kinds of firearms all the way to the less compact ones.
- The design is that of a belt and one does not need to wear a jacket with the fear that one may notice what they are wearing.
- It has no limit on how low or high one can place their handgun.
- For the perfect concealment, the holster holds the gun close to the body.
- Available in black color.
- Made in the United States.
- It is very comfortable and does not bulge regardless of the kind of outfit that one is in.
- The belly band is designed to evenly distribute the weight so that no one side is heavier than the other.
- It works best with small and thin guns like 1911, Kahr and Hi-power just to mention a few.
- It also works well with all kinds of revolvers.
- It has a mag pouch in place.
Unlike the deep concealment model, this holster does not have straps for holding the weight of the guns if worn at the high waist level. The most frequent question asked when it comes to this holster is whether it can be worn directly on the skin and the answer is most certainly yes. The belly band can bounce sometimes especially when running or jogging.
However, this is a problem that is easy to settle. Most people opt to wear the belly band on the hips so that it can easily hold the weight of the guns without causing discomfort. People say that the Defender Concealment Band Holster is more like the stomach belly band that women wear when they want to reduce belly fat. The only difference, in this case, is that the belly band holster comes with pockets that are sewn to carry other personal effects besides the weapons.
Important things you need to know about bellyband holsters
Having taken a glimpse of some of the best belly band holsters, it is important to understand that the belly bands need to be taken care of in order to last longer. One efficient way of doing this is by machine-washing them in cold water after which they are either laid flat or hang to dry. At no point in time should the holsters be tumble-dried since they will damage the belly band. But you do not have to worry, most of them come with instructions on how to wash them and as long as you stick to the rules then you have nothing to worry about.
It is true that there are many traditional holsters available. But for what it is worth, none can match the convenience and the efficiency that comes with the belly band holster. So, why opt for a belly band holster?
One, it ensures that your handgun is intact and does not move or slip as you move, run or go about your errands.
Secondly, a belly band holster allows an individual easy access to their weapon when they need it.
Thirdly, a belly band holster is made in such a way that one can carry as many weapons as they want to. Most of the traditional holster systems do not have this particular provision. Another function besides carrying as many firearms as possible, you also get slots to carry your credit cards, phone, keys, a magazine and other items in the same belly band holster. It is convenient given the number of items that one can carry in one holster.
Every coin has two sides but it is worth noting that the merits far outweigh the limitations of having a belly band holster. The major one could be the fact that the belly band holster does a poor job of when it comes to sweating and especially for people who undertake vigorous exercises such as running. If you are always involved in a lot of movement, ensure that you wipe the sweat from your weapon so that it does not rust. Again, due to the elasticity, once the weapon is drawn there are chances that the pocket will close but that should not be a big deal given the other benefits that you reap from the same belly band holster.
At the end of the day, you need to make a selection of the kind of belly band holster to go for. The selection should be based on a number of factors among them being:
A belly band holster is something that you will preferably wear the whole day. Therefore, it is important to find one that has a material that will not irritate the skin at all costs. So, be sure to choose something that is soft and comfortable to the body. The most recommended ones are made of either leather or plastic. The plastic holsters are cheap and have a better grip on the gun. The only disadvantage of belly bands made of plastic is that when it is hot, they can react with the body to produce excess heat. Regardless of the limitations, they do offer value in one way or another. On the other hand, the leather material is soft, strong and it allows one to breathe. Additionally, they do stretch to adjust to the size of the body.
The size in this context relates to two aspects: the size in relation to the shape of the body and the size of the handgun. Let us start with the body size. Earlier on, we saw that different holsters come in different sizes. Some are small, others are medium or large. It is prudent that the right measurements of one’s body size are taken to get the right fit. When getting the belly band holster, the seller should know the kind of guns that you possess so that he or she is better informed on the kind of belly band holster that will suit your body size. Fit in the holster to avoid making mistakes. It should fit well and should allow for movement without straining one.
The ability to retain the handgun
Belly band holster reviews reveal that different belly bands have different retention capacities. I agree that the sole purpose of the holster is to conceal the weapon and ensure that it stays intact. However, that does not mean that there are no instances when the gun may slip and fall out of the holster. It could be because it was not carefully stored or that the belly band is not as strong as was advised during the time of purchase. In this regard, it is crucial to research as much as possible until you are certain that you have the one that has the maximum retention capacity.
Quality is everything
Cheap is expensive. As you settle for the best belly band holster, ensure that you get one from a reputable store. Luckily enough, most of the belly band holster reviews have a good insight on some of the best designs and stores that one can get the belly bands. The problem with buying belly bands from any store is that you might end up buying a fake rather than the original one. A fake might be cheaper but it will not give you the service that you are looking for. The quality and the design could be in terms of the kind of color that you want or the kind of printing on the holster. At the end of the day, choose something that will match your personality and something that you are comfortable with.
Belly band holsters are the best option on the table if we speak about concealed gun carrying. Could be you have not been carrying your gun daily because you have not had the chance to encounter a carrying and concealment solution. Now that you are reading this, it is the answer to your needs. And yes, a holster works wonders for concealed carry.